Another visit to Atlantis (video to watch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
With the long weekend ahead there were so many fun things to do and places to see. Atlantis is always
amongst the top ten. Word were that with the super moon and all, the dunes might hold more fun than
usual. Yes, apparently the moon is closest to the Earth in more than a decade or so.

20_03_11Atlantis002.jpg

The Dawgs.

20_03_11Atlantis003.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis004.jpg

Playin.

20_03_11Atlantis005.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis006.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis007.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis008.jpg

Dan gettin roosted.

20_03_11Atlantis009.jpg

Foolin around at the back side.

20_03_11Atlantis010.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis011.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis012.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis013.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis014.jpg

20_03_11Atlantis015.jpg

Video to come soon...

Dankie vir die mooi foto's Michiel. Sorry DAN!!! :ricky:

Thanks for the photos Michiel,.... Always looks a whole lot of fun is had out there in the "Sand Box" :thumleft: :thumleft:
Will keep a look out for the video.

Would have been two drz's, but I'd had enough after the railway tracks. I'm keen for next time though.

Although if I'd carried on they would have had time to greet whiles they were waiting for me to catch up yet again.

2StrokeDan said:
I did see a Dakar and a DRZ passing, they were too windgat to greet :pot:
AG Nee man, I did stop to pant a greeting. This is because the sand was super soft and challenging on the route in :patch:

We had a really super ride there and especially back along the tracks. On the way up there we stayed mostly on the traintracks due to being a tad late (My fault  ::) ) but after mucking around with an overweight and underpowered bike in the dunes for a bit we hit the train-tracks home.

On the way up there I was eying out the road that runs next to the  train-track's service road and on the way back Milddog and I took the route back. Boy was it fun. It was very tricky with the super soft sandy whoops, but probably the most fun I have had on two wheels. Unfortunately I was probably holding Milddog up a bit, but at least I only put the lump of metal down once, so that was my saving grace!! Will be definitely keen to give it a ride next sunday If anyone is keen!!
Cheers.

2StrokeDan said:

I'd make a point of stopping to greet Dan, we took so long to there everyone was leaving.

I was late, then Dakarboy was even later. Then we turned left instead of right and got our bikes stuck in some gross swampy kak just down river from the start of the traintracks. It was really funny until Dakarboy needed help pushing his bike round in almost knee-deep slush. Then while I was trying to spin my bike the back-wheel hooked up so me and the bike launched into the bushes, also quite amusing, luckily G1 and Dakarboy missed it :) Then we headed out along the train tracks, and made one detour on the sandy sideroad, which really was trial by fire for G1. After that we stuck to the train tracks and got to the back gate fairly easily and G1 saw it more of that so decided he'd had enough for one day.

As we arrived we bumped into 3 guys who were heading out. It was Sack, Michiel and another dog on a 990, the 990 was boiling and was making tea for us on the dunes which was very kind.

By the time Dakarboy and I got there (at 11am) the sand was like powder, so we left fairly quickly and hit that ridiculous sand-track home. It runs parrallel to the train tracks; a seriously long section of whoops. Awesome fun!! I had such a chuckle, coming round a corner his bike was parked deep into the bushes, backwheel spinning and him standing next to it.

@dakarboy: no you weren't slowing me down, I just followed and let you set the speed, which at points was kak fast. Coming off the top of some of those whoops i had both wheels off the ground.

@G1; it was great to have you along, next time we'll do some slightly easier terrain :) That sand whoops stuff was pretty difficult.

Ah boys, I'm itching to share the video. I used some music to fill in
the bike and wind noise as well as to add mood but YouTube muted
the sound because of copyright issues.

Anyone know of an alternative place to host videos? It's just under
10 min so last time I checked Photobucket won't allow.

Michiel said:

Sorry Michiel, ....not too clued up w.r.t. the "hosting" of videos,... but can't wait to see it when it's available. I take it you were using your 170HD??

Michiel said:

Maybe try www.zoopy.com (local company) or www.dailymotion.com ?

https://www.myvideo.de
or
https://www.vimeo.com

Stunning picture!!!

20_03_11Atlantis002.jpg

Bring It On said:
Michiel said:

Sorry Michiel, ....not too clued up w.r.t. the "hosting" of videos,... but can't wait to see it when it's available. I take it you were using your 170HD??

Yes, I used the Drift HD170 for most of the shots but also got some footage
with my Canon 60D. Rensie Joubert was ripping up and down dangerous slopes
so I pulled out the SLR to get some of that.

I'm trying different things to sort the video out. Hopefully it will be up for viewing
by the end of the day.

MildDog said:
2StrokeDan said:

I'd make a point of stopping to greet Dan, we took so long to there everyone was leaving.

I was late, then Dakarboy was even later. Then we turned left instead of right and got our bikes stuck in some gross swampy kak just down river from the start of the traintracks. It was really funny until Dakarboy needed help pushing his bike round in almost knee-deep slush. Then while I was trying to spin my bike the back-wheel hooked up so me and the bike launched into the bushes, also quite amusing, luckily G1 and Dakarboy missed it :) Then we headed out along the train tracks, and made one detour on the sandy sideroad, which really was trial by fire for G1. After that we stuck to the train tracks and got to the back gate fairly easily and G1 saw it more of that so decided he'd had enough for one day.

As we arrived we bumped into 3 guys who were heading out. It was Sack, Michiel and another dog on a 990, the 990 was boiling and was making tea for us on the dunes which was very kind.

By the time Dakarboy and I got there (at 11am) the sand was like powder, so we left fairly quickly and hit that ridiculous sand-track home. It runs parrallel to the train tracks; a seriously long section of whoops. Awesome fun!! I had such a chuckle, coming round a corner his bike was parked deep into the bushes, backwheel spinning and him standing next to it.

@dakarboy: no you weren't slowing me down, I just followed and let you set the speed, which at points was kak fast. Coming off the top of some of those whoops i had both wheels off the ground.

@G1; it was great to have you along, next time we'll do some slightly easier terrain :) That sand whoops stuff was pretty difficult.

Haha That was me on my 950 that was/is having some cooling issues. Off to KTM on Thurs to find out the problem...$$$$

It was a great day and nice and soft :) Looking forward to your Video as per usual Michiel!