Apple Ipod... Tough Stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
So i have an Apple Ipod that I listen to while riding. i find it drowns out the voices for at least the trip home.

So last week friday.. it started raining...i stopped, put all my kit in the topbox, 'cept for the ipod which i put in my Waterproof pant pocket with zipper. I have done this a couple of times before and my cellphone travels in the other pocket and i had no leakages thus far.

Untill Friday.....

In my haste of getting the electronics out of the rain i did not zip the pocket with the ipod in properly... resulting in the Ipod stopping working about halfway home. Im not worried... cuz the battery was really flat anyway.

But..

When i got home and opened the pocket to take the Ipod out...it was wet...not moist or damp, wet.

It didnt work... nothing....nadda... FUBAR

I left it in the sun in the window for a day... it started working again wooohooo...but all the data was lost.. about 600 carefully pirated songs.. some difficult to find again.

After struggling with the software (it didnt want to read or write anything to the ipod) I finally got it working last night. Put most of the music back on.. and i am musically making my way to work again.

Bottom line: (i am long winded sometimes) The Ipod is amazing quality...for something that looks so fragile.. it's actually bloody good. If only all computer hardrives was made this tough...

APOUI