AT & KLR: How many miles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lootch67

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
I need to sell one of my bikes. Unfortunately I can't base the decision on which one to keep purely on which bike I like better so I'm trying to get an idea of what the life expectancy of the two bikes are likely to be. My AT has 89k kilos on the clock and the KLR 25k. None of them has given me any major problems although the AT has had some minor electrical problems mostly due to the previous owner butchering the wiring loom. But the engine is still a peach and it uses maybe 300ml of oil between services which are carried out every 13k kilos. The KLR has been trouble free since I got it at 4k kilos.

So, what's the mileage on your AT or KLR and at what mileage did you have any major mechanical issues which were not due to operator error, if any. If you have the details of a mate's bike feel free to post it here. Please guys, I only want to hear about ATs and KLRs. If you want to sing the praises of any other bike please feel free to start your own thread.  :thumleft: