Atlantis ultra noob ride (as dudded by Kreef)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
growweblaar said:
Cool pics!

Dune001-1.jpg
Looks like this KLR was trying a stoppie, in a kinda weird dimention :laughing4: >:D Im also in for doing atlantis again. IMO its the best fun for 60 bucs one can get  :ricky:

Tuareg said:
Stev0 said:
R60 bucks... shoe....

....cheep skate!     ;D

..... or do you prefer entering through the rear  :imaposer:

:imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:

Thx guys, was an awesome day! Especially thx for Stev0 end Andries for showing me the enduro track and how to "enter from the rear". Big up for the guys like Tuareg for sticking to their guns and man-handling those big bikes. Those who took an early out, glad that you guys at least attempted it and I hope you will be back soon ever improving on your current skill level.

Thx for Kreef organizing the noob ride and Michiel for pampering everyone.

I'll do 6 hours in Atlantis any day of the week!! The Monday after the ride I spoke to a guy that used to go camp in the dunes for the whole weekend to just ride dunes, see that "planning a ride" happing in the not so distant future...

Scribble said:
mm so whens the next ultra noob ride ?
or have you guys all graduated to regular noobs
this is the one thing that really bothers me and I need to overcome it

I'll be in on that one as well.

Eisbein said:
Scribble said:

Best place to "ease" into sand IMO is in the bush accross the road from Zone 7. Just getting over 1st the dune into Atlantis (front entrance) is a challenge

Kamanya said:
Tuareg said:
....... as soon as the KTM is running & I'm able to walk normally again!     :ricky:

What was the problem?

The fuel pump is buggered.......
Got a Facet, gonna get it in asap...!

I&horse said:
Best place to "ease" into sand IMO is in the bush accross the road from Zone 7

Melkbos 4x4 also an option.........

Tuareg said:
I&horse said:
Best place to "ease" into sand IMO is in the bush accross the road from Zone 7

Melkbos 4x4 also an option.........

That costs money. The bush is however easier on the pocket. Melkbos 4x4 can get difficult for newbies.

I&horse said:
Eisbein said:
Scribble said:

Best place to "ease" into sand IMO is in the bush accross the road from Zone 7. Just getting over 1st the dune into Atlantis (front entrance) is a challenge

If you like to join me and a couple of other Dogs at the turn-off to the Vissershok dump at 9am tomorrow (Sunday) morning we can muck about in the quarry and surrounding areas. 

There's hard pack, sand, bush trails, whatever you want.  It's a great training ground.

That's the turn-off to the left a few hundred metres short of the Zone7 turn-off.