Babbon kills HP2 on Elandsrivier road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MURPHY

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro

On Saturday 12 January , i was on my way from Cape St Francis to Port Elizabeth and decided to do the Elandsrivier road home . As i got to the turn off at Patensie onto the gravel i found a rider on a KTM waiting for his riding mate . After chatting about the conditions on the road he decided something must be wrong as he was waiting far to long for the his mate . We both decide to go and look for him . As we went over the first hilltop we discoverd that Mr Gary Bosch had connected a baboon .
The culprit had launched itself from a bush on the side of the road straight into Gary . [ most likely heard him coming and bolted ] . The bike traveled at least 35m before stopping [ est speed was aprox.110km per hour ] This rider hit the dirt so hard that it ripped the engine covers right off the bike and smashed the right side of his motor open . The bike tumbled over a few times ripping off his brand new imported screen as well . 
Very lucky to be alive Gary suffered only some bruising and pain . His bike as can be seen , will need a long painfull rebuild . Good luck Gary