Bain's Kloof owes me an indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hardy

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
The plan was to ride with Camelman and Camelwomen(950 ADV) to Ceres via some dirt roads  and Bains Kloof. The meeting place was 8.15am at the Richwood Service centre. PistonPete(990S), Giraffe(950 SE) and Nivia(X-Country) also joined what was too be a relaxed ride out.

All was good along the sections of gravel on the way to Bain's Kloof, all was well behave and no jaarging. Then we got to Bain's and still we  were well behaved and responsible....until I decided go start giving it stick. Well that all lasted for 1.5 corners. I had just accelerated past Nivia and the Camel family when I lost it all. Way to fast into the lefthand corner, saw I was not going to make it, pick the nike up and tried to save things. Well I did not. I went off the road into a little ditch and hit the bank, bounced a meter or two then hit the bank again. This time the bank grabs hold of the bike and everything comes to a sudden halt, I carry on over the handle bars connecting the screen on the way with the top of my leg, helmet takes a good wack on the tar and then I sitting there swearing all types of murder at myself for F^&^king up. My bike lying now on it's left side with the dirtymuddy bank still filling some of the cavities on the rights side of the bike.

I look around and everyone has stopped already and are in the process of picking up my bike after asking if things are alright. All seems cool apart from my momentry laps in reason, my leg is sore but that seems all.

After a smoke  to ease the nerves we head on to Ceres for breakfast. Dont recall to well what I ate for breakfast and some of the ride back is a bit of a blank. All I know is the head started really pounding on the way home and at present I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

Still need to assess all the damages to the bike, but the good news is that all looks cosmetic and nothing broken. Will have a good look tomorrow and report.

Thanks guys for all the help and not laughing to much at my stupidity.  ;)

Ouch, not nice, but you've got good humor about it, so hopefully everything is fine with you and the bike.

Ok, that said, has someone got the photies?  >:D

:3some: Glad you ok M ! ;)      Go check yourself out for concussion! Did not realise the bang on the head was so bad. Dont mess with it!

Yes... go check.

And time for new helmet, too. It has done its job, and will probably say voetsek next time you require it to protect your noggin.

Eish!  EV.... hug your bunny.

He is not well right now at all - if he ain't better soon, he is going to the doc !  :deal:

And as for those people who wonder why I am nervous on the back of the bike with Mark, well, please, wonder no longer......  :-\

The man is a lunatic  :mad: 

Good to hear you seem fine, but a CAUTION, please don't mess with a with potential head injury.

Extreme Velcro said:
He is not well right now at all - if he ain't better soon, he is going to the doc !  :deal:

Sorry to hear Mark!

EV, concussion is potentially serious. If the headache gets any worse or his pupils dilate (or are different), get the man to a hospital asap...

Other than that, hope all's put to rights soon!

MH thats a bummer..... :(

EV watch for that concussion...

Main thing MH Ok !!!

Bain's Kloof always a challenge!!!

Ok - all looks more settled. 

Will just keep an eye on him.....he'll most prob just be a misery tomorrow with lots of aches and pains - hheehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!

Eeich not lekka Mark, how you feeling today?? glad to report the Bling machine is all ship shape again, send your bike up to me for some panado and plasters!! ;D

glad ur ok man, i tell you i shat myself when i saw you go over the front.... it looked like you were purposely playing around in the gutter  :ricky:

that ride was a great cure for a hangover  :p

Shit, Mark!!!

Hope you feeling better, dude!!!

You probably still had some of those Friday night Yay-ghees in your system... I will post pics in the drinks thread later...  >:D

So did yo guys take some pics? We (Bus, Fidel, Frohan, Fourie-kop, Wannabe, Operator, Dustsucker) were also in the Franschoek area but doing some proper bundu bashing. Ride report will follow later today.

Pity we didnt bump into you guys somewhere.

Mark Hardy said:
I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

I swear I had nothing to do wiff this...

Looks like you took that motard conversation too seriously on Friday, dude.

Hope you recover quickly and that the bonies not too seriously damaged.