Bain's Kloof owes me an indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fidel said:
Looks like you took that motard conversation too seriously on Friday, dude.

Ok, maybe then I did have something to do with this then... >:D
Sorry Mr Hardy  ;D

Ouch bru!!

Well you only know your limits once you have reached/exceded them..... looks like you know yours now. We'll fix her up next weekend at my place!

Sorry for the delay! Here's the only three pics! ::)

Attachments

• Image006_small.JPG
    Image006_small.JPG
    44.5 KB
  • Image007_small.JPG
    Image007_small.JPG
    46.6 KB
  • Image008_small.JPG
    Image008_small.JPG
    32.4 KB
Hey mark, hope u ok!We all do dumb things every so often(some people even do dumb things like buy a bee-em!)-But what is important is to learn from your mistakes-when flying over bars remember to lift your legs out the way!
Call me if you need a hand stickytaping the bits together

Mark....so, who threatened you with a game of naut and crosses that made you whack that ponie`s throttle like dat?

Ok - Mark has not been allright the last couple of days......

There has been puking, there has been seriaaass crankiness, there has been dizzinessand there have been other symptoms of mild concussion and yes, a new helmet will be bought and yes, I think in future, we must all be more careful on rides about these things.

Yes, the doc is aware - nothing much that can be done except bed rest which is what he is doing now.

Phew - from experience though I have to accept he must've hit the ground flipping hard; after having fallen out the bloody tree myself (and that without a helmet) and knowing now how hard you have to hit your head to damage the brain part, that come off must've been quite something.

Well - I guess there is very little difference between having a baby and brain damage.... >:D >:D >:D

Extreme Velcro said:
Well - I guess there is very little difference between having a baby and brain damage.... >:D >:D >:D

Did he fall on his butt? ;D ;D
Nurse EV, give Mark lots of TLC......

Hi Mark. Only saw this thread now... Sorry, Boet. Hope the brain stops sloshing around in da 'noggen', and ya feel better soon.

Keep reminding yaself... If 10 000 beers haven't managed to destroy it, I don't think a quick meeting with the Bain's Kloof cliff is gonna do it.  :mwink:

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the well wish and Laughs. the head is still where it should be and the insides are coming all to together.

My bike's forks are twisted in the yokes, the right side which toke all the brunt against the side of the hill is all ok but the left side is nicely sratched from the tar. Went to KTM for some prices on the damaged plastics and broken clutch lever and missing indicator........just short
of R10 000,00 to replace. ???  :mad:

I don't think I will replace the scratched bits etc as it's all cosmetic and no real structual damage that I can find. I will be clean and giving the bike a good look over tomorrow, just hope I don't find some nasties then.

Leave the plastics, replace them when you want to sell, theyre gonna get scratched again the way I know you

too true  >:D :D

Been thinking about that crash and have put it down to a number of mistakes

1. Bain'f Kloof..love riding hard on that pass

2. Speed and acceleration

3. I had just fitted handle bar riases and use not quite comfortable with them

4. ME

I have ridden that pass many time, my first 100km ride on the 950 was to Bain's and back. I like to ride it at a quick pace. As I leaned left for the corner, I was just not able to the the normal leverage on my bars as I was a costumed too. I think with the riasers now on I will have to get used to them and relearn my bikes handling. I never thought that the extension would affect the handling so much. Will that and toooo much speed.  :-[ ;D >:D