Ben 10 Eco Challenge - December - Route advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Myself, Aaklige Atie and FrancoisTz are going to tackle to Ben 10 Eco Challenge during December (8 - 14). We are taking our loved ones with us.
The party will consist of 5 Bikes and a Pajero (for the cagers).
3 bikers are novice rough gravel road riders, but Aaklige Atie and myself will be there every step of the way to guide and help. (As we have done many times before)
It is however a shame that Ginderball won't be with us, seeing that we have exported him to America

Any way...
We will be leaving Bloemfontein on 8 December, to our accommodation in Rhodes.
Rhodes will be our base of operations, from where we will be tackling the challenge passes, and others if we have time.

The set out passes are as follows:
01. Ben MacDhui Pass (3001m)
02. Carlisleshoekspruit Pass (2563m)
03. Volunteershoek Pass (2581m]
04. Naudes Nek Pass (2590m]
05. Lundin’s Nek Pass (2170m)
06. Joubert’s Pass (2234m)
07. Bastervoetpad Pass (2240m]
08. TTT [Tiffindell-Tenahead Traverse] (2720m)
09. Otto du Plessis Pass (2115m)
10. Barkly Pass (2018m)

I am looking at the information on the mountainpasses web site, but would like in put from you guys as to recent experiences that you have had.
Usually we will just rock up at a place, and ride/plan on the fly, but given the large novice factor, I would like to do some planing and information gathering before hand.

Will you guys be so kind as to share information and experiences with regards to:
1) last known condition of passes
2) suggested direction of traversing passes
3) order in which you might have done the passes
4) any other information you may deem useful

Excitement is running high, and I can't wait to have a hard working holiday with exhaustive rewards.. :ricky: