bit of a moffie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I don't know. I bought off road ish tyres for the vark, about to put them on but it just seems that falling is mandatory on gravel with these big bikes (eventually). I don't like that...Moering neer can not only end you up in hospital (J-Dog have similar thread on general bike relating banter, I'm posting here cause I want comments from vark riders), but the insurance will get moeg of you - and then you have to wait for parts from Germany which can take very long..ask me.

Plus, if the wife comes along, which she will - falling might bugger up all I've done to get her this far. Promise you this, if we fall she won't come along again..

I've got a DR650 and I LOVE riding on gravel, and it's meant for that - it's light and maneuverable, and I typically go solo on it.

I've been thinking to maybe leave the vark for tar alone, the DR for my gravel needs. The other day Boer Moered af from his 1200, Coxwain moered of his 1150 and now has to struggle like hell with a rebuild, and if I listen to the guys riding 1150/1200 - on gravel every now and then, it seems all of them have a story to tell..If I make that choice, a set of Mitas E07 and E10 front is up for sale, brand new. Talk to me