Breaking 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
.....and it has nothing to do with golf..!

I went on a ride with some guys and girls from Swakopmund this morning. We went from Swakopmund on the C28 Khomas Hochland road, turned right on the D1982 to the farm called Ruimte, turned right on the C14 back to Walvis Bay. Approx 339km round trip with the most incredible scenes and lots of game. It was basically my first proper trip together with other riders. I've always done solo's and sometimes partially with other riders that I meet on the road.

Anyway this trip's significance is that for the first time I've rode at speeds in excess of 90 - 95km/h. I've clocked 133km/h at one stage, but mostly average 110 - 120km/h. It was orgasmic and I never thought that my AT will do that on a gravel road. I started out doing my normal, "watch out" for sand routine, until our first stop. Robert the KTM rider said that I should learn to ride faster on these bad gravel roads, I must get on top of the gravel surface instead of trying to ride through it......!

Easier said than done, anyhow I deflated my tyres slightly and we pulled off again. I thought it is worth trying...., to my surprise it was a completely different ride all together..! There were spots where the sand was a bid heavy and all I did was stand up and accelerate through/over/on top of the sand..! It was awesome.........! (I really had no choice, that KTM990 and BMW F800GS fucks off and you must ride to keep up)

I have really enjoyed each kilometer of gravel after that..........! What a paradigm shift.

dscn1551h.jpg

dscn1552z.jpg

dscn1553r.jpg

dscn1554s.jpg

dscn1555a.jpg

dscn1556k.jpg

dscn1557k.jpg

dscn1558y.jpg

dscn1559w.jpg

dscn1560l.jpg

dscn1561.jpg

dscn1562g.jpg

dscn1563.jpg

....and to make it worse, the BMW was a girl rider..!

Looks like a bit of rain fell there.
Nice daytrip you had.

:thumleft:  Nice trip there, love those dirt highways  :mwink:

Good one Road Hog, I will try and join you guys one of these days.