BREEDE RIVIER BASH & The Lady 2-Wheeler - REPORT NOW DONE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lady-Quickie said:
I'm working on the Hubby / buying a bike situation.  I'm totally sold to this! 

Something like this might be interesting... and it can go places!

418572151_WEk4X-L-2.jpg

Can put a nice little rack on the back for the quickie too. :thumleft:

Oh my goody gosh!!!!  Kejago, you think that bike will be able to go through water like a bat on wheels....?  :ricky:

But I'll sure pass the message on to the husband.  ;)

Sorry to say but this thread scores a ZERO!  :pot:

One Picture  :mad: {ok very good picture but still}
were are the rest?
LQ - Ride report please!  ;D with more pic's please.... ;D ;D

Gulp said:
Sorry to say but this thread scores a ZERO!  :pot:

One Picture  :mad: {ok very good picture but still}
were are the rest?
LQ - Ride report please!  ;D with more pic's please.... ;D ;D

??? :-[

My fault.... have over 400 pics (700mb) that were taken - busy sorting out the best and have to sit down and learn all about Imageshack to ensure it's decent! Please forgive... (also had to go for a last spin on the GS  >:D)

Will try have the first installment online by this evening. Thanks for the patience....  :thumleft:

What about some Photo Shop aswell Goose....  ;D

Sooooooooooo â?¦.. finally I get to the stage where sitting down and reflecting on the past weekend, thoughts are compiled and hopefully jotted down into some form of Ride Report (flippen long overdue Iâ??d say!)

By now Iâ??m sure all the Wilddog members and more, know Ilze or about Ilze â?? who she is and what we achieved over the past weeks. The culmination of ideas and suggestions finally allowed us to â??useâ? this past Saturday to combine the much promised ride to Ilze with the fantastic S.O.S Breede Rivier BASH â?? 2008!!!

Although the suggestions were there, I was still a bit concerned with taking Ilze on the Dakkie, BUT after sending a plea to Freakonaleash, he returned my message in a flash instructing me to give him a call.
â??What was this about?â?, he asked â?? explanation followed and Marius told me heâ??d call me back shortly. True to his word, the phone rang and he told me that it was arranged! We could have a 1200GS, he had a helmet and jacket for her too!
I was absolutely blown away by his eagerness to help â?? but then that was nothing new I suppose â?? as old Freak impressed me from the first minute we met as a chap that cares about people â?? always helpful!

Friday was a moerse hurrying of getting work done and also picking Ilze up for her â??interviewâ? at Biketique to ensure the kit fits, and more importantly to see whether sheâ??d be comfy on the bike. Although initially she was surprised at the height of the scoot, once on it she â??freakedâ? a bit moreâ?¦ but quickly got excited at the prospect of the ride finally happening.
Photoâ??s and snaps ended the day and then it was up to us to get ready for the Saturday run to meet the Dawgs!

I received an email from Ilze on Friday evening confirming her number â?? JUST IN CASE we got lost early in the morning!

Saturday morning arrived and after arriving at her home in Kraaifontein, meeting her hubby Arno for the first time as well as Jaques and Nicola (were joining us on his Kawa 400) â?? Ilze was dressed up and helped onto her steed for the day!

Check these smilesâ?¦. hell, never knew someone could get so much enjoyment from having their feet â??tiedâ? to the footpegs! (kinkyâ?¦?)

So after a bit of checking and rechecking, we finally left amidst a bit of drizzle â?? wondering what the road ahead would be likeâ?¦. Wondering whether the tunnel would be an option, but thankfully we decided that the trip was about the adventure for Ilze â?? NOT a race and definitely not about the quickest route.

On our way ��������.

Up & up we went on Du Toitâ??s Kloof Pass â?? into the mistâ?¦ what an experience and without a doubt a huge PLUS for wearing the reflective jackets that Freak provided.

Well, we had planned to take some nice scenic pics at the top of the Pass at the viewpoint, but the mist put that idea to bedâ?¦.. however as soon as we started on the way down the other side â?? lo & behold sunshine!
Everyone was ravenous (nerves?) and we decided to take a break and also allow Ilze the chance to express her views and ensure she was still comfy.

Donâ??t askâ?¦. Donâ??t remember..!

After a quick bite, it was back on the bike â?? and absolutely amazing to see how many cage drivers came past â?? hooting acknowledging us!
Please â??boardâ? the steed madam â?? your chauffeur awaitsâ?¦â?¦..

Jaques and Nicola wondering what all the fuss was about â?? check that pillion styleâ?¦ comfy â?? Naaaaa â?? doubt it!!!!

Ilze loaded up� roaring to go���. There was just no end to the enthusiasm of this girl, a true biker this one!

Nearly creating a â??pattieâ? out of a baboon that came out from behind this cage!

The ride down the pass nearly overâ?¦

and thankfully some gravel â?? albeit only for a short whileâ?¦!!!

And hereâ??s the conundrum â?? waterâ?¦ ankle-deep djou-ma-se-antie-se-stink-vis!! Someoneâ??s got moerse ankles!

True to form â?? Ilze says Go, go, go!!! While hubby & friends say No, no, noâ?¦. so they didnâ??tâ?¦.

An absolute breeze����.

And we arrived ���� met EISH!

Yep â?? I knowâ?¦ but for fear of getting the names of the dawgs wrongâ?¦ Iâ??ll succumb and just post these random onesâ?¦.

Very inconspicuous, camouflaged lean-to����

Steeds â?? well some of them!

Now THIS is where it gets interesting. After some discussions (names not to be mentioned) we devised a WD-Paw-Branding iron, which as the night progressed â?? which we knew it wouldâ?¦ COULD be used to embed the WD paw on a butt or two.. (winkâ?¦.) with Xt660R â??obviouslyâ? sanctioning the ideaâ?¦?

I can honestly say that this is a stunning pic of Bus and his lady! (the better side of Bus)

And then there were the monkeysâ?¦ monkeying around!

All too soon we had to started getting ready for the ride home, far too short a stay with not enough time to get to know all the WDâ??s and wonderful people getting themselves ready for their Sunday morning hangovers & headaches!

Lisa told Mrs Goose that sheâ??d get hold of the biggest â??mouthâ? there and get the group together for a pic. The result of that is what can be seen in the first pic of this thread! Helluva nice bunch of people!!!

And then it was farewell and we left��������..

Wellâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦. we got as far as RIVIERPLAASâ?? gate and Ilze was â??up-for-anotherâ? water crossingâ?¦ met EISH!!!!

This is a spunky chick!!!!! ��������

Cheers to all the WDâ??s for allowing us to â??intrudeâ? on the BASH at the BREEDE!!!
I am sure itâ??s an event that will forever remain with much fondness with our newest member of the WILDDOGâ??s â?? â??Lady-Quickyâ?
To my lovely and special wife - Jen - STUNNING pics and thanks soooo much for helping and backing this venture - without you, I'd still be riding the blerrie Loncin!!!

Ilze â?? it was an utmost pleasure having you as a pillion â?? you are the best â?? an inspiration for all â?? riders & pillionsâ?¦â?¦. IN FACTâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦

After showing our friends the pics on Sunday afternoon â?? their mother, Jean (who turned 80 on Saturday) asked me whether Iâ??d consider taking her for a spin â?? sheâ??d last been on a bike over 50-years ago!!!!!

CHECK THIS OUT â?? all thanks to Lady-Quickyâ??s inspirationâ?¦â?¦.. Whoohoo

well done Goose! It was a great idea and i'm sure will be remembered by Lady Q for a long time. :thumleft:

I have to agree....Lady Quickie, you are an inspiration to us all. Glad to see you have so much fun with us Dawgs.

Respect to Goose and Jen and everyone envolved with making this ride a reality.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Goose this is an amazing RR respect to all who made this a reality , Lady Quicky great stuff ! hope to meet one day, maybe at the toy run??  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Awesome  :thumleft:

Well done WD's  :biggrin: :biggrin:

kejago said:
Lady-Quickie said:

418572151_WEk4X-L-2.jpg

LQ, this would be the ideal machine for hubby and you  :mwink:

bmad said:
Awesome  :thumleft:

Well done WD's  :biggrin: :biggrin:

kejago said:
Lady-Quickie said:

418572151_WEk4X-L-2.jpg

LQ, this would be the ideal machine for hubby and you  :mwink:

Bmad - the scoot with the sidecar is great - BUT LQ's definitely NOT the type of Wilddog that rides in a sidecar!!!!  :mwink:

I second that Goose.  You wont catch me dead in a side car.  I have a reputation to protect here.....    O0

Well done to the whole team!!

This was a fantastic thing to do and an inspiration to us all.  

LQ - you're amazing!

Great stuff!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: to all involved.

Well done to the whole team.

Special  :thumleft: for Goose and Freakonaleash. :thumleft:

Latest posts