Capies not at Bash go Mountain riding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let keep the farmers happy :3some: and if that was the tip of the ice berg then I am prepared to pay to see the rest. Maybe do a whole weekend of it in Januaryand explore, explore, explore. This time I will try not to land in the Fynbos >:D

Uiltjie said:
Yes, Masehare, ons was soet, en ek is seker dat die boer dit weet!  As hy nie, sal ek seker maak daarvan!

Just a correction, this land is not unutilised, it their ONLY livelyhood.  They pick the flowers, some fresh, some dried, for export.  It really is an eco sensitive area, believe it or not!  These farmers know all the species and their ways of saving it for everyone's future.  We must actually be very glad they have these strict rules!

I spoke to the neighbouring farmer tonight (the one with the 4X4 route) and he is willing to allow bikes, also under strict rules and maybe supervision.  He charges R160 per vehicle, and would do the same for bikes.  He is very sensitive about any non-cage vehicles, as he allowed a local group of kwats to do the trip.  He was very upset about the whole exercise, as they very drinking and going through the fynbos.

You see, I have free access to the mountain, whenever I want to, and I would never put that in jeopardy by taking hooligans up there.

With a lot of TLC, I would convince him to allow us there, say. once a month or 6 weeks, at his fee.  I think we can hereby also make good for us DS riders, by doing it in a proper and behaved manner. He says that the tracks we took, are actually the tip of the iceberg!  We apparently missed the best parts!

I think we should go again, what you think?

Uiltjie - that is the same situation Trailrider finds himself in with that forestry road above his dad's farm. Fark it up with the people you take in there and you fark it up for yourself as well.
That is definitely not the place to 'gooi mielies' ;)
Be rustig, enjoy the mountain and its scenery responsibly and ride to be able to enjoy it again.

Next time I'm there!

Eisbein said:
Uiltjie said:
Yes, Masehare, ons was soet, en ek is seker dat die boer dit weet!  As hy nie, sal ek seker maak daarvan!

Just a correction, this land is not unutilised, it their ONLY livelyhood.  They pick the flowers, some fresh, some dried, for export.  It really is an eco sensitive area, believe it or not!  These farmers know all the species and their ways of saving it for everyone's future.  We must actually be very glad they have these strict rules!

I spoke to the neighbouring farmer tonight (the one with the 4X4 route) and he is willing to allow bikes, also under strict rules and maybe supervision.  He charges R160 per vehicle, and would do the same for bikes.  He is very sensitive about any non-cage vehicles, as he allowed a local group of kwats to do the trip.  He was very upset about the whole exercise, as they very drinking and going through the fynbos.

You see, I have free access to the mountain, whenever I want to, and I would never put that in jeopardy by taking hooligans up there.

With a lot of TLC, I would convince him to allow us there, say. once a month or 6 weeks, at his fee.  I think we can hereby also make good for us DS riders, by doing it in a proper and behaved manner. He says that the tracks we took, are actually the tip of the iceberg!  We apparently missed the best parts!

I think we should go again, what you think?

Uiltjie - that is the same situation Trailrider finds himself in with that forestry road above his dad's farm. Fark it up with the people you take in there and you fark it up for yourself as well.
That is definitely not the place to 'gooi mielies' ;)
Be rustig, enjoy the mountain and its scenery responsibly and ride to be able to enjoy it again.

Next time I'm there!

And this is probably what happened on the Highlands road in Grabouw. Most of the roads we used to take to the forestry area have been closed off recently. We saw those hooligans when we did the last WD trip there - should've spoken to them. Too late now.  :-\ :'( :'(

masehare said:
And this is probably what happened on the Highlands road in Grabouw. Most of the roads we used to take to the forestry area have been closed off recently. We saw those hooligans when we did the last WD trip there - should've spoken to them. Too late now.  :-\ :'( :'(

:mad: :( :mad:

Uiltjie said:
Have you checked the 50mm bar raisers on this bike?

I have 2.5cm risers on mine... and I would like an extra 2 or 3. What risers has he got on their? Home made jobbies?

Kev said:
Uiltjie said:
Have you checked the 50mm bar raisers on this bike?

I have 2.5cm risers on mine... and I would like an extra 2 or 3. What risers has he got on their? Home made jobbies?

Sorry Kev, only saw your post now.

Yes, KTM had them made up locally - easy from alunimium in a lathe.  Only problem is that you have to move your flicker switch a bit to the centre, as the wires are a bit short - no problem tho!