da PEEG is "LIGHTS OUT" !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
OK Guys,
HELP
Just testing the waters here to eliminate unnecessary fault-finding (maybe one of you have experienced this before)?

Got onto daPEEG at 17:30 in Centurion to ride home to Jhb. Switched on the ignition, engine fired up BUT...

No lights - No indicators - No hooter - No dash lights
Except for the fuel gauge dash light,  the brake light is the only other light that works.  (Oh, and the green "Neutral Light" also works.

Because I was losing daylight rapidly, I proceeded to brave the traffic on the M1 -South.

TERRRRRRRIFYING experience!   You KNOW that nobody can see you and you don't have any of your normal warning signals (like hooter) at your disposal either. You immediately learn a WHOLE NEW meaning to the phrase: "Defensive Riding"...   I rode the whole way back with my foot lightly on the brake pedal, following a car in front of me as a buffer.  Even though it was slightly cool this evening, I arrived home in a sweat!!!

OK back to the technicalities:
I pulled over at the Star Stop (where there was light) to check my fuses.
A cursory inspection yielded no blown fuses.
Could it be a relay? [Just to let you know that the indicators have had "a mind of their own" last week, sometimes flashing normally, then sometimes flashing fast(like an 'earth fault') and sometimes the left ones flash fast and the dash indicator doesn't flash at all.] This is why I suspect a possible problem with a relay somewhere...

Please help dudes, I don't want some 'mystery gremlin' to rear it's ugly head just before our upcoming Augrabies Gathering just over a week from now.