Dads and Sons - First Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockwork Orange

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So Giraffe and I decided to take our sons on a weekend away on the bikes. He was dead keen but now the biggest hurdle was to get the Mom's to buy into this plan. To cut a long story short after a LOT of convincing that we are responsible, never ever speed etc :eek: we could finally break the news to the lads, and Man were they keen.

The idea was to plan a pretty easy route and not cover too much distance each day to get them used to the whole concept. It was agreed that we would depart Friday afternoon and take the tar over the Du Toits Kloof pass and stay overnight at Giraffe's spot at the Worcester Yacht Club.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Giraffe and Matt (9) Ready to roll.

We stopped off in Rawsonville at the local butcher to pick up some meat for the nights braai, and as promised we told the Moms that the boys will give them a call wherever they stop.

Here is my son Liam (10) checking in with Home Base. :deal:

We arrived at the dam to a perfect evening, lit an awesome fire sank a good few beers while the two young ones jolled up a storm.

Saturday was extremely windy. Our route was to to Villiersdorp and then hop on the dirt to Botrivier where we would get some lunch.

URL=https://img687.imageshack.us/i/dsc01700gm.jpg/]
dsc01700gm.jpg
[/URL]

The boys found some friendly cows at a rest stop. The one almost dropped this huge dollop of snot on my sons helmet.

After a nice leisurely ride we pulled in at the Botrivier Hotel for a delicious burger (always a good spot to stop)

Liam playing with the local Basset

And then they found this Dalmation pup

After lunch we headed off to Kleinmond via the Highlands Road which would be our destination for the night.

Viewpoint along the Highlands Rd

On Arrival at Kleinmond we booked into the Kleinmond Caravan Park which offered a lot more shelter than the campsite on the beach. We ste up up camp and then shot into town to get some essentials (Beer and meat) Oh....and some soft drinks n stuff for the lads.

We then went to see some friends in Pringle Bay and watched another kark game by the Boks.......well the end of the game was!!!!. After the game it was back to the campsite we we lit another great fire , braaid and debated all the worlds problems..........NOT!!!

We got a nice early start, got packed up, cleaned up etc end then took the scenic Clarence Drive route along the coast into Gordons Bay where we decided to have breakie.

The view along Clarence Drive

Dont these faces say it all!!!!!!

Then after a hearty breakfast in Gordons Bay we hit the N2 back home. What a fantastic weekend. The boys loved it and I can not think of better way of spending quality time with your kids.

Awesome!! :thumleft: :thumleft:

Fantastic bonding time & you are creating memories that will last forever - for both you & them!

Definitely going to do this one day with my kids. these memories are for ever. :thumleft:

AWESOME!!!!  Wens my pa het bike gery toe ek klein was....  Hulle moes hulself vreeslik geniet het!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Clockwork Orange said:
Thanks TR, you more than most understand how much fun these sort of trips are :thumleft:

Yup! It's the best sort. 8)

you guys are really blessed, hope this is the first of many

Dads & sons...........the best of times!!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Ek kan nog onthou hoe ek saam Springbok Rally toe was saam my pa.....onvergeetlik !!!!
Nice R & R !!!!

nice one but geeeeezuz Kev!?

I'm sure this counts as child abuse.....
matt1stbigbiketrip04910.jpg

Spare the kid... buy (bigger) panniers

Great stuf !!  Can't wait to do my first one with my son  :thumleft:

Very special times 2 share with ur kids, really lekka :thumleft: