DAKAR EXHAUST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garye

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I have just bought a 2007 DAKAR with 12 000km on the clock and did normal checks while doing a test ride. What really can be wrong with a bike that only has that amount of kilometers....!!! I have ridden my past GS until 107 000km and this DAKAR , looked great , power was enough , gear box sounded normal ...etc ...etc. I completed a 2986km trip around the Eastern Cape Drakensberg in January and the bike was awesome.  BUT!! have just taken it for its 20 000km service and i was told that both exhaust pipes are blowing. ????? Seems that the previous owner has punched holes where there shouldnt. Also seems like "steel wool" coming out of the end of the dummy pipe. I enquired with the mech that services the bike and he said it shouldnt effect performance , petrol consumption.
Question to more knowledgeable persons than I. ?? What effect will this have if both pipes are blowing? If so... could it effect consumption. Could it effect performance ?