De vildt for beginners ...yeah right!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hondsiff Honda

Ok Seeing no one is posting a report Ill start, Thanks to L1 for an awesome ride. I was surprised at the turnout. If I knew what we were facing I would have never left my warm lady alone in bed :thumleft: but due to the kak weather and the absentees and mabe a possible lack of unskilled riders (me probably being the only one there) a slightly more technical ride ensued.

Hats of to those chaps on the big Katooms for hauling them through the rocky sections and that slippery clay mud made it interesting to say the least.

Some guys rode there in the rain (nuts) others met up at the Polioce Station and headed off into the drizzle. The mud was super slippery so we ended up taking some tar to get a little closer to the 'good stuff'.

Had a bike break down and after roadside repair it broke down again soon afterward!

The ride back has to go down as probably one of the most uncomfortable Ive done it was hailing and freezing

All in all I think after towing through a hailstorm most were eager to get back.

Sure the rest will add their bits..

Thanks all, great to meet some new people and see some familiar faces!

Cracker never seen a KLR fuck off down a sand road like that well done. were you just trying to get back or do you normally hooligan like that?

Eatmyktm for towing the sick Yammy through the freezing rain..man that was big of you :3some: :3some:

Keryn as usual showing the boys how its done when it gets technical!!

Ray, well for not also needing a tow :biggrin:

L1 for leading the ride

I vote we do this one again without the rain?

P1020040.jpg

P1020067.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020051.jpg

P1020096.jpg

hell ride home..and we were pretty damn far too!!!

I glad I didn't join, I would have surely melted in that weather!!

Thanks Pistonslap,

Yes, a ride best forgotten. After having ridden out there on knobblies, in sub-zero temperatures, with wet gloves, I fully endorse the trailer method! Going home was equally unpleasant, as it started raining again.

I did enjoy the actual ride though, and we will definitely do that route again. Jules wants to do more of the riverbed, and so it shall be.

Thanks to Andrew for the towing duty, thanks to Pistonslap for the report and pic's and thanks to everyone who made a horrible day into a real fun one. A great bunch of people, as always.

Sorry to Ronald (the only noob who arrived) for having to do the normal ride, but he did very well, on his first ever dualsport ride!  

Pistonslap, you should post the black and white one, it is a goodie! Brilliant photos with a low budget camera. Expertise!!

Ouch, looks cold, and I know Saturday was cold. Sorry for not pitching, I worked until 2AM and only got to bed by 3, there was no way I was going to leave my bed.  ;D
Glad you all enjoyed it!  :thumleft:

To ride in Saturdays weather you guys all need to get your heads read! Mad I tell you :eek: Well done anyway.

nice one guys,

i'll like to do the riverbed on the g/s.

let meknow when and i'll be there

nice RR.

Pistonslap i still owe you some pic , sorry will do
:eek7:
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

lightning1 said:
Pistonslap, you should post the black and white one, it is a goodie! Brilliant photos with a low budget camera. Expertise!!

Not really L1 they all blurry from the shivering...  :eek: ;)

Thanks guys. Awesome ride, up 2 the point it started Pissing and then hailing. U guys rock with all the understanding and support with the broken yammie and lost kdx. Lightening had a
meeting with barbed wire fence, how u doing? Other than that luckily no serious injuries, maybe a few cases of pnemonia. Well done 2 every1. It was a hectic ride-not a newbie ride at all. Liked the route, so when we're going back?

The funny part of towing was eatmyktm pulled his tow rope out, showed ray that he had it before we left. :). Guess wrong rider this time round. 

After reading this RR. I could not help myself, by making these comments:

My bedroom has underfloor heating. I laid in bed and had breakfast served while laying in the warm bed.
I continued to lay in the warm dry bed until lunch time when I again had lunch served to me.
Each time I got up to pee, I walked across a dry warm underfloor heated room, to the bathroom.
I spent my Saturday morning and a big part of the afternoon in a warm dry room, watching DVD's on my laptop, listening to Top 40 Music.

Damn, Dawgs ... it was raining since before 6am on Saturday morning.
Only fools go out riding in rainy conditions.
:3some:

Cono your a girl! Go get your nail's manicured or something and stay off our thread.

Edgy, I get the feeling that Super would have been right at home amongst the rocks and riverbeds!

You are going to have to come up here soon for a little trip around De Wildt!  :)

sorry i missed it, the dawgs are far more adventurous to the elements than me :'(  wassss way to wet my side, hope there will be one soon im dying to try it!

Well done, girls, It was a brilliant ride, no dust, no injuries, no falls and no hangovers!

Nothing wrong with a bit of rain and hail, all I saw were big grins whenever we stopped. Or was it a grimace?

That mud on the way back was something else, though. If a cow had stepped out the trees she would have had 5 bikes straight up her arse.

Still can't believe it was a jap bike that broke down, never seen that before :ricky:

See ya's all on the next one!