De Wildt 2008/11/30 (sooorry no pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyPorra

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Just a quick note, no pictures and the video coverage is really K@K, still teaching myself to operate the blaady thing. Will try load some of the Video captured later.

So its Sunday morning 05:30 am and I am up, has I had packed everything the night before and all that was needed was too hitch the trailer onto the van, I had time to have a cuppa a coffee with some breakfast, this little ritual is necessary before riding at De Wildt as I learnt the last time I rode there.

Now 06:00 am and I am finally on the road out of Benoni and on my way to De Wildt, arrive at the meeting spot at 07:30 and its empty, could it be that these people are so eager to ride that they have unloaded and kitted up in less than a half an hour and already left, try phone Plothond and no answer, well it looks like it.

Not 2 minutes later ADV Mx arrives with Husky and 2 KDX, apparently the rest of the YAAH Broes had decided not to join, and has we are preparing to depart Mr X (sorry to tired to remember his name) arrives on his HP2 and after lots of K@K praat decides to join us, with the idea of taking all the easy routes to the shop, yaah right.

So off we go, the first bit is tar and then dirt through the village before ADV drops us into the rocky river bed for our morning arm pumping exercise, Mr X took the alternative route. Now I donâ??t know why but every time I ride this plastic bike, it just doesnâ??t feel right, it feels as if there is nothing there, and standing up feels uncomfortable, as if the bike is going to fall over, so this was my excuse for being the slowest.

We finally meet up with Mr X and continue along some cattle paths until the next technical section where ADV gives Mr X instructions of our to get to the shop by having to cross the river twice.

Off we go, do the technical bit and finally get to the first toll gate and the whole team was there including Mr X, apparently riding the river bed is what the HP2 was built for.

This was my first experience on the river so it took a while to get confidence get a decent momentum so that I wouldnâ??t hold any one up. It wasnâ??t much longer and we where parked at the shop buying the necessary goodies, and seeing that I had burned so many calories I bought a Zamalek which was forcibly shared with my riding partners.

When all was done we where back on the road again(someone sings that), and while following the cattle track Mr X must have got a little tired (cause I was), and he went to lie down a bit with the HP2.

Well we followed the river throwing in some wet river crossings and wet river riding, now and again doing some obstacle jumping for the camera and this was all great fun riding and all the time the HP2 was there, maybe now and again it needed some persuasion to get out the river but this was all part of the fun.

After a small discussion we decided that going up coconuts was just what was needed to get the heart rate up before heading home.

We made our way to the bottom of coconuts where I drew the shortest straw and was first to go, the plan was to ride halfway and stop so that I could film the rest coming up, well that never happened, I had found my riding boots and had got into a rhythm and never stopped until nearly at the top, as luck would have it, the camera battery went flat so no footage.

Wasnâ??t long after ADV was there followed by Husky, but unfortunately the HP2 just wouldnâ??t budge, no matter what ADV, Husky and Mr X tried that HP2 wasnâ??t going up that hill, not even with the carrot hanging in front of it.

From here we made our way back and all arrived back safely.

Now many thanks to ADV Mx for organizing and to Husky and Mr X for joining, youâ??s where great riding partners.

To Mr X and the HP2 respect.

â??Till the next one.