De Wildt, a RR with a twist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Royal Enfield (all models)
A very compact RR, Went to De Wildt on Saturday with a 640.
Spend most of my time picking up the bike, so sorry no pics..

What i do have, is images of my new toy AKA a DIY, personal tracking unit.

The unit is a very compact design, Small and lightweight, with a battery life of up to three weeks.
This tends to be useful, as the mrs can monitor my position (which is not always a good thing), so that she can pick me up afterwards. It also has a panic bottun ICE, and there is an option to mark the position as a certain pinpoint on your own copy of the software, start, river start, shop,  etc...

I like the idea of having a backup plan ICE, and it serves well to plan future routes, as you can view your history on a cellphone or your PC

There is also no monthly cost to the unit, only a once off for hardware and software, and only afer 24 months there is a renewal fee for the software usage of 500 bucks, Cost of unit depends on the one you choose, some have longer battery life than others.
R3200 for the big mama

The unit can also work in cars, no installation required, just check it in the boot, and off you go.
Mount it on your bike, and you have a track and trace unit, which can SMS you when your bike moves. Or give it to you children, to see to it that they are save 24/7.

Here are some snapshots i took in my software of De Wildt

The river section... I Think
Tracking1.jpg

Feel free to PM for more details

I have a similar thing supplied through Smartsurv. I think I paid R1200 and then there is a monthly fee.

Works well unless you go really remote where the GPRS signal dissappears.

DapperMuis said:
This saves the data on the memory, then resends it when it has signal again

:laughing4: Sounds exactly what my brain needs to function properly!

'''Watcha doing in the trees after 10:36:04??'''
taking a crap :imaposer: in a tree???

PM me with hour mail address and 'n will forward you the documents..

Iron Shark, I averaged 48km/h through there on the report that the unit produced.. I am well impressed with your speed, but call me a girl, but I'm 1.79m, 72KG and I've been riding for 2 months now.. I don;t think its THAT bad...

Remember VooDoo??? Katie once belonged to him

DapperMuis said:
'''Watcha doing in the trees after 10:36:04??'''
taking a crap :imaposer: in a tree???

PM me with hour mail address and 'n will forward you the documents..

Iron Shark, I averaged 48km/h through there on the report that the unit produced.. I am well impressed with your speed, but call me a girl, but I'm 1.79m, 72KG and I've been riding for 2 months now.. I don;t think its THAT bad...

Remember VooDoo??? Katie once belonged to him

Nice one just  :pot:  a wee bit mate    :imaposer: :imaposer:

Checkout Netstar's Guardian Personal Tracking and Recovery service that offers a GPS/GPRS Personal Tracking unit (And a Recovery service that uses motorbikes DL650  ;)) www.netstar.co.za

:ricky:

Latest posts