Droomers Yamaha fun day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laaste paar

Attachments

• Droomers Fun Day 2013 037.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 037.JPG
    361.8 KB
  • Droomers Fun Day 2013 038.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 038.JPG
    379.9 KB
  • Droomers Fun Day 2013 039.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 039.JPG
    408.5 KB
  • Droomers Fun Day 2013 040.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 040.JPG
    473.4 KB
  • Droomers Fun Day 2013 041.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 041.JPG
    370.7 KB
  • Droomers Fun Day 2013 042.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 042.JPG
    287.9 KB
Eaton wat op die geel GS650 gery het se garage, is dit nie genoeg om ons ander net beneeks te maak nie?
Die rooi XR 500 is nog in 'n perfekte kondisie en sou 'n goeie opsie gewees het vir dié dag

Attachments

• Droomers Fun Day 2013 045.JPG
    Droomers Fun Day 2013 045.JPG
    267.4 KB
Na alles was dit 'n uiters genotvolle dag wat ek altyd sal onthou. Aan almal wat 'n bydrae gemaak het tot die sukses van die dag, veral die organiseerders,  baie dankie.  :3some:

Tot ons weer ontmoet  :thumleft:

Fuzzy Muzzy said:
I didn't see dusty Rusty there..

Neither did I...... :patch: :patch: :patch: Oh hang on..... suppose it's because I wasn't there :lol8: :lol8: I truly missed out on this really Gr8 event. Sure looks like you all had a really wonderful time. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Buff , Cath and kiddies , THANK YOU , we had an awesome time .
Not just did they put us up for the weekend but I was given the use of a WR 450 which was a blast , and they provided transport to and from the venue for the kids and myself .
I assisted on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning with the final marking on the green route and Buff was very concerned about the rocky uphill but under the circumstances he didn't really have a choice .
Most of Saturday was spent marshalling on the green route with a bit of the orange route thrown in at the end of the day , and then just to round off the weekend we did a few sections of orange route on Sunday morning . I must admit it was hard work , not so much that the terrain was extremely difficult but the fact that there was just no place to rest and no place to get into a real rhythm , I am sure I will feel the results of the weekends riding , I am already feeling a bit stiff in the shoulders .
Thanks to Droomers Yamaha , GJ and his brilliant team , and of course to Buff and his family who made the weekend possible for myself and the kids  :thumleft: :thumleft: .

Dux said:
Buff , Cath and kiddies , THANK YOU , we had an awesome time .
Not just did they put us up for the weekend but I was given the use of a WR 450 which was a blast , and they provided transport to and from the venue for the kids and myself .
I assisted on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning with the final marking on the green route and Buff was very concerned about the rocky uphill but under the circumstances he didn't really have a choice .
Most of Saturday was spent marshalling on the green route with a bit of the orange route thrown in at the end of the day , and then just to round off the weekend we did a few sections of orange route on Sunday morning . I must admit it was hard work , not so much that the terrain was extremely difficult but the fact that there was just no place to rest and no place to get into a real rhythm , I am sure I will feel the results of the weekends riding , I am already feeling a bit stiff in the shoulders .
Thanks to Droomers Yamaha , GJ and his brilliant team , and of course to Buff and his family who made
the weekend possible for myself and the kids  :thumleft: :thumleft: .

:thumleft: glad all you guys had fun,it looks awesome judging from the photos.  :thumleft:

Not from my side but Buff got some awesome footage on his GoPro  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does anyone know how many people attended and also the amount of participants.

Would also like to see Buff's videos. Please don't let us wait too long  :3some:

Pleasure Dux, it was good having you and the kids out there with us and thanks for all your help at the event.

To those WD's that pitched on the day and rode the loop, well done. You can now officially class yourself and a dual sport biker ;D We tried toning that rocky section down a few notches but that was unfortunately the only way over that koppie so we had to work with what was there. We were hoping the quads would ride it out but the rocks in that area are strange, they break very easily so instead and being shot off the track they just break into smaller pieces and litter the track with smaller rocks.  Fortunately 80% of the loop was very manageable for the average rider and the few guys I saw out on the track were styling and having fun. Even the legendary Andy660 struggled on those rocks yet he still had a beaming smile on this face after finishing the loop ;D It must have had something to do with the mud swim he took ;-)

Some of the DS bikes I spotted were: XT660Z, GS1200, HP1200, GS650, Transalp, KTM690, KTM 950SE.

I've got some video footage that I'll work through during the week and dump a few screen captures on this thread.

Dit lyk na n baie kak event, ek het n baie lekkerder tyd saam met vroulief by Italtile en CTM deurgebring om wasbakke en badkamerteels uit te soek. :xxbah:

Flatout said:
Does anyone know how many people attended and also the amount of participants.

Would also like to see Buff's videos. Please don't let us wait too long  :3some:

Someone mentioned 110 bikes in totally, including quads, DS and dirt.

Well done to all involved in organizing a great ride and event.
It was nice meet more wd members and getting to know them better.
Thanks to Andy for allowing me to ride his 660z for a lap around the green loop, very nice bike.  :thumleft:  
Wish I had a go pro for that quick slip in the mud on Andy's 1st lap, hell that was slippery! Well done to Flat out, Eaton,and Andy on riding their Ds's  around the track.
See you all again at eendekuil on the 24th.

2StrokeDan said:
Dit lyk na n baie kak event, ek het n baie lekkerder tyd saam met vroulief by Italtile en CTM deurgebring om wasbakke en badkamerteels uit te soek. :xxbah:
Dit was lekke kak hulle wil dit maar net nie herken nie  :pot:
lees maar tussen die lyne...
ek sal later foto,s opsit van die groen roete en my poging
om die oranje roete te doen
wees bly jy het saam met jou vrou gegaan ek moes maar saam met my
vrou en haar vriende gegaan het vir naweek van quilting...
:imaposer:

MARK660Z said:
2StrokeDan said:
Dit was lekke kak hulle wil dit maar net nie herken nie  :pot:
lees maar tussen die lyne...
ek sal later foto,s opsit van die groen roete en my poging
om die oranje roete te doen
wees bly jy het saam met jou vrou gegaan ek moes maar saam met my
vrou en haar vriende gegaan het vir naweek van quilting...
:imaposer:

Nou voel ek baie beter dat n mens wat self daar was, liewer lappieskomberse sou wou maak. :pot: :peepwall: :imaposer:

Nee, ek is baie spyt ek moes dit mis, lyk sommer baie lekker inderdaad!!

Bring It On said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:

Neither did I...... :patch: :patch: :patch: Oh hang on..... suppose it's because I wasn't there :lol8: :lol8: I truly missed out on this really Gr8 event. Sure looks like you all had a really wonderful time. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Darrrlings!  Die party waarnatoe ek wil gaan is die Eendekuil ene.  Ek hou duim vas dat alles so uitwerk dat ek kan gaan.  Het die naweek oppad terug huistoe die twee spoor Anysberg pad gedoen en dit was awesome! 

Dusty Rusty said:
Bring It On said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:

Darrrlings!  Die party waarnatoe ek wil gaan is die Eendekuil ene.  Ek hou duim vas dat alles so uitwerk dat ek kan gaan.  Het die naweek oppad terug huistoe die twee spoor Anysberg pad gedoen en dit was awesome! 

Gaan julle twee nog steeds deur met die bakkie?? Ek gaan definatief deur ry met die bike. Lekker photos neem & dan weer lekker "Gravel Travel" terug huis toe in die middag.