Droomers Yamaha fun day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some screen dumps taken at the 1st obstacle on the Red route. If riders did not have the skill to get up here they were advised to stick to the Orange loop. As usual, the GoPro doesn't do any justice to how steep this climb is  :eek:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.5 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    239.7 KB
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    229.1 KB
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    198.3 KB
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    196.3 KB
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    219.5 KB
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    209.2 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    229.6 KB
I saw that climb.. needless to say I rode on past like it was never there, I kind of just looked in the other direction and pretended I never saw it..  :imaposer:

Buff said:
Here's some screen dumps taken at the 1st obstacle on the Red route. If riders did not have the skill to get up here they were advised to stick to the Orange loop. As usual, the GoPro doesn't do any justice to how steep this climb is  :eek:

Steep climb you say.....so in other words my Big Fat GS would NOT have made it then :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Seriously though.....looking @ those photos.....that sure is one FRIKKING moer of a steep climb :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fuzzy Muzzy said:
I saw that climb.. needless to say I rode on past like it was never there, I kind of just looked in the other direction and pretended I never saw it..  :imaposer:

:spitcoffee: Bwhahahahahahah :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Frikking Excellent Muz :lol8: :lol8: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Wise decision Muz  ;)

Here's Dux on the far right and Eaton coming over the hill in the distance on his GS to mix it with the plastics on the rocky section of the DS loop (the 2 loops intersected here).

Attachments

• Dux1.jpg
    Dux1.jpg
    179 KB
  • Eaton.jpg
    Eaton.jpg
    185.2 KB
This is JacoM styling on his HP  :drif: He made this look easy on a big DS bike  :thumleft:

Attachments

• Jan.jpg
    Jan.jpg
    138.6 KB
  • Jan2.jpg
    Jan2.jpg
    148.5 KB
I don't know if this guy's a WD but he nearly gave me heart failure when he 2 wheel drifted his GS through this mud puddle  :eek: How he managed to save it I have no idea  8) I had visions of myself picking up BMW parts the rest of the day  ;)

Attachments

• GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    117.3 KB
  • GS2.jpg
    GS2.jpg
    151.5 KB
Here's my daughter enjoying some riding time on her PW80. There was a special little track layed out for the kids as well.

Attachments

• Sarah2.jpg
    Sarah2.jpg
    208.6 KB
Here's Dux enjoying some saddle time on my WR450... soon to be Yami Super10's WR450  ;D

Attachments

• GOPR3571.JPG
    GOPR3571.JPG
    180.4 KB
And lastly a few random shots at various places on the route.

Attachments

• GOPR3526.JPG
    GOPR3526.JPG
    269.9 KB
  • GOPR3570.JPG
    GOPR3570.JPG
    213.8 KB
  • GOPR3572.JPG
    GOPR3572.JPG
    204.5 KB
  • GOPR3573.JPG
    GOPR3573.JPG
    238.9 KB
  • GOPR3574.JPG
    GOPR3574.JPG
    238.3 KB
  • GOPR3576.JPG
    GOPR3576.JPG
    223.8 KB
  • Lady1.jpg
    Lady1.jpg
    226.6 KB
Sorry, one more, Muz I think this is your laaitie Troy?

Attachments

• Troy.jpg
    Troy.jpg
    127.7 KB
Lekker dag. Die oggend nie geweet wat vir ons wag nie. Ek was so stadig, Flatout het gewonder of ek dalk huistoe is. :imaposer: Flatout se 2de bier was al klaar, en JacoM besig met sy 4de "loop" toe ek klaarmaak.

Great great shots these  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Photo's as good as they may be just do not do justice to the riding terrain , the orange route that I did was good riding , numerous rocky uphill and downhill sections , the occasional step up or step down , lots of other rocky sections , and very little in the line of smooth straight sections to relax or sections without rocks to build up any real rhythm , even the sections between the rocky bits consisted of lots of tight corners . Bottom line is that there wasn't really anything that was not rideable , but there was no place to rest so any riders as unfit as I am would have certainly felt a bit buggered .
And then Buff and Erich , on his nice new Beta 300 , went off to find some more sections for the upcoming race .

One of the things that had Buff and myself totally stumped was when we were standing on top of the first red route obstacle as seen earlier and this chap comes along on his quad , stops at the bottom and proceeds to ride up to the top , gets there looks at us and say's " Sorry I thought this was green route " and rides down again and disappears . And while this was going on we were standing there totally speechless  :eek: :eek: , I take my hat off to that quad rider . 

Nice pics Buff :thumleft: Thanks to you and Dux for looking after my WR :pot: I am sure its clean by now ;) Ready to be dropped off.
I will take great care of her further :thumleft:

Yami Super 10 said:
Nice pics Buff :thumleft: Thanks to you and Dux for looking after my WR :pot: I am sure its clean by now ;) Ready to be dropped off.

Super 10 you are getting a good deal  :thumleft:, I was warned that you were buying the bike after the weekend so I made a point of keeping it upright , stalled 3 times and that was my fault not the bike , it behaved impeccably the whole weekend and never skipped a beat , I am starting to look at these blue bikes in a new light  :biggrin:

One of the things that had Buff and myself totally stumped was when we were standing on top of the first red route obstacle as seen earlier and this chap comes along on his quad , stops at the bottom and proceeds to ride up to the top , gets there looks at us and say's " Sorry I thought this was green route " and rides down again and disappears . And while this was going on we were standing there totally speechless  :eek: :eek: , I take my hat off to that quad rider . 
[/quote]   

If that quad was yellow it was probably Anton v.d. Berg.

3 Blind Monkeys said:

If that quad was yellow it was probably Anton v.d. Berg.

Yip , that's him , yellow Suzuki and Anton on the back of his jersey , very talented  :thumleft:

Dux said:
Yami Super 10 said:

Super 10 you are getting a good deal  :thumleft:, I was warned that you were buying the bike after the weekend so I made a point of keeping it upright , stalled 3 times and that was my fault not the bike , it behaved impeccably the whole weekend and never skipped a beat , I am starting to look at these blue bikes in a new light  :biggrin:

Thanks Dux :thumleft: I heard you looking after her ;)
Will make contact with you when I get back to SA, might let you keep on looking after her :thumleft:

Yami Super 10 said:
Thanks Dux :thumleft: I heard you looking after her ;)
Will make contact with you when I get back to SA, might let you keep on looking after her :thumleft:

That will be an absolute pleasure  :thumleft: