Durban Dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Zog

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
On Sunday evening, just before I was due to return to work in Lesotho the missus and I felt really lus for a steak, so we popped down to the local Spur in Pretoria for a take-away. While waiting we noticed a sign in the Spur stating that the Spur at the Ushaka Marine world in Durbs was something like 600-odd km away.

We looked at each other and that was it. We just HAD to go for a steak at the Spur at Ushaka. So now we are planning a "Durban-dash" when I am home again, in about 2 weeks time. Time is limited, so we will dash down on the bike, visit Ushaka and look at the fishies, then a lekka steak at the Spur, sleep over somewhere in Durbs, and hit the N3 back home to Pretoria the next morning.

It'll be one of the most expensive steaks out there, I know, but when you spend so much time away from your beloved, AND you get so little chance to ride your bike, you do crazy things  ;D

So.... do any dogs have suggestions for accommodation cheap-cheap in Durbs? All we need is a bed and a shower basically...  :thumleft:

Date probably around the night of the 19th...