EC Bash - side entry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously couldn't look at those socks anymore!!!!!!

Sorry James, but they HAD to go!!!  :biggrin:

Firecoast said:

:laughing4: Fark that was funny  :imaposer:

Beagle Boy said:
Firecoast said:

:laughing4: Fark that was funny  :imaposer:

Those fumes must've been insane, as the flame those babies made was huge!!!!  :imaposer:

leaving PE in rush hour Friday morn.

Attachments

• b05.jpg
    b05.jpg
    246.1 KB
  • b08.jpg
    b08.jpg
    237.9 KB
  • b09.jpg
    b09.jpg
    202.2 KB
Brekkie at the Sweaty Dutchman in Kareedou, where the side entry trail starts

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    322.8 KB
  • b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    258.5 KB
At the Baviaans Lodge causeway. Dry as a bone. By now we had been riding for maybe an hour, and not seen another human soul. "Twas to be like that for the whole ride. A million miles of wilderness and just our little group of 4 with it all to ourselves!

Attachments

• b13.jpg
    b13.jpg
    459 KB
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    430 KB
  • b15.jpg
    b15.jpg
    347.5 KB
  • b16.jpg
    b16.jpg
    474.5 KB
DTXT had an "off". He asked me not to post it, but WTF?

Attachments

• b19.jpg
    b19.jpg
    304.3 KB
  • b20.jpg
    b20.jpg
    439.8 KB
The XT in it's natural habitat. Had to post this again. It's not a KTM, but it ain't a BMW either. Survived almost unscathed except broker gear lever and a sticky throttle. One new oil leak as well.  ???

Attachments

• b24.jpg
    b24.jpg
    439.3 KB
I didn't really take many other pictures. There were some nocturnal sights which should not ever see the tincture of silver oxide, so I kept the camera sleeved.

I think we rode the side entry track from start to the camp site in a new world record of just under 3 hours, if you exclude the two occasions we stopped waiting for Warren in the bakkie. We had a great riding threesome and rode fairly fast, with the XT keeping up with the new 660s very well.

In fact I suspect that they struggled to keep up with me, being a riding god and all. But as Tornado says, I'm a BEEEGG fish in a small pond. I think he was complimenting me.

The track wasn't as bad as people had been saying. Since the torrential rain we had months back, it has washed out a little more than I last remember it, but it is perfectly rideable for anyone with even a modicum of skill. Yes, I know that excludes quite a lot of riders, but still.

We got to camp and went about the normal business of drinking, kuiering and eating, before FC burnt my socks and Edgy stole my bakkie, leaving me to sleep in a chair next to the fire like a bergie.

Oh, I did snuggle with DirtyXT for a couple of hours, but he gave me the cold shoulder, and I eventually went back to the fire.

I think Jules has some kief pics/vids.

Thanks again everyone for a great bash.

FC, I am so going to get you back.

J-dog said:
We got to camp and went about the normal business of drinking, kuiering and eating, before FC burnt my socks and Edgy stole my bakkie, leaving me to sleep in a chair next to the fire like a bergie.

Oh, I did snuggle with DirtyXT for a couple of hours, but he gave me the cold shoulder, and I eventually went back to the fire.

FC, I am so going to get you back.

In edgy's defence... you gladly offered him the use of your Bakkie for the evening.  Must've been that really erm... yummy Muscadel of Piet Coke that lapsed your memory. :biggrin:

As for the socks... I will buy you some for your birthday. Promise!

Was soooo much fun!!!

Just editing some of the vids will post soon!!!

Thanks to Tornado DirtyXT and J-Dog

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/oOEvEWczAM4[/flash]

Watch to the end credits!!!!!

More to come!

:biggrin:

White Rhino said:
Cool Jules :thumleft:

Bugs taste OK?

Now where zackly is the side entrance ??

Taste like Chikin    :D

Side entry is from Kareedow over the top of the mountain and ends up smack in the middle of the Baviaans
50ks in about 3 to 4 hours

Jules said:
White Rhino said:
Cool Jules :thumleft:

Bugs taste OK?

Now where zackly is the side entrance ??

Taste like Chikin    :D

Side entry is from Kareedow over the top of the mountain and ends up smack in the middle of the Baviaans
50ks in about 3 to 4 hours
:imaposer: Schweet - I tried the otherside once (from the North) but the gate was locked and it was completeley overgrown - looked inviting :biggrin: