End of the bike drought for Zagser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Yep , Anton has a new bike !!!!

We drove through to George Yesterday to go and fetch her.

Lots of photos and a few words in between.

A quick pitstop outside Worcester to get something for the little one to chow on.

sml00001.jpg

sml00002.jpg

Getting all the paperwork sorted out.

sml00003.jpg

sml00004.jpg

The proud new onwner with his new scoot

sml00005.jpg

sml00006.jpg

On the road. In the pics you can see the weather going bad on the way to Barrydale.

sml00007.jpg

Note the snow on the mountains in the background.

sml00008.jpg

sml00009.jpg

sml00010.jpg

The little one was very quiet and relaxed. or maybe he was scared by the ugly bastard driving the car while his dad is on the bike ?

sml00011.jpg

As the rain started to come down , little one was non-plussed and had a lekker nap.

sml00012.jpg

sml00013.jpg

sml00014.jpg

sml00015.jpg

The rain eased up a bit on the way to Montagu

sml00016.jpg

sml00017.jpg

A quick stop to releave the poor ass that had gone 1 year and seven months without a bike.

sml00018.jpg

Last stop to rest the sore butt in Grabouw before we tackled the last little bit home via Sir Louwrey's Pass.

sml00019.jpg

As we left Grabouw the rain came down in BUCKETS. and with lots of fog on the pass we took it easy and got home in one piece.

Congrats Anton with the new bike. May she give you lots and lots of safe kilos and even bigger smiles than the one you had on your bakkies all day !!!!!   :)  :thumleft:

Congrats.................enjoy and ride safe  :thumleft:

:ricky:

It was indeed a long overdue event, bikelessness is not easy to live with, that I can promise.
Enjoyed every moment riding back, from smelling the pig manure in ladismith to the icey rain pelting down on me from grabouw!
Thank you Hanno for fulfilling the multiple roles of backup vehicle driver, child minder and camera man :thumleft:!
Now to start exploring the gravel road and biking heaven called 'Western Cape'...

Donovan must have given you a very good deal to go all the way to George to buy :mwink:

Hope you have many safe and enjoyable trips. :thumleft:

chrisL said:
Donovan must have given you a very good deal to go all the way to George to buy :mwink:

Hope you have many safe and enjoyable trips. :thumleft:

Donovan not in Stellenbosch?

Congrats on the bike!!!

Congrats, many safe miles and smiles. :thumleft:

Geluk ou maat :thumleft:
Was self so n jaar en half bikeloos. My gat moet ek nou weer "inry".  :imaposer:
:ricky:

Congratulations ! super adventure going to fetch it, ride safe?  :thumleft:

Baie geluk Sagser, baie veilige kilos op daai een. [ek het so asem opgehou dat julle oppad was na George Yamaha :peepwall:]

2StrokeDan said:
Baie geluk Sagser, baie veilige kilos op daai een. [ek het so asem opgehou dat julle oppad was na George Yamaha :peepwall:]

Mwaaahaaa, nice een Uncles  :laughing4: :thumleft:

Baie gelukkige myle vir jou op die nuwe fiets

Lekker Zagser, glad you are bikeless no more, hope you have many happy and safe kilos on the new bike!  :thumleft:

Thanks for the well wishes guys!  :thumleft:
I now need to commute on a daily basis, so that also shaped my requirements a bit.
As you said Len, the 658 was my first real bike, and it introduced me to the world of 'travel gravel', so it just made sense, and this one had all the extras and a good price.  :deal:

Now to start with the farkles again.  O0

Nou moet jy net jou profile regmaak.

F650/800GS  nie F650GS / Dakar nie !!!

;)

I went to see Donovan today in George at Bmw  :ricky:  :ricky:

Latest posts