Esselbank on a 990 the way it should be done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buff said:
Mambat said:
Buff said:
Why not just whip your dicks out on the coffee table instead of stuffing up the best dual sport trail in the western cape for us?
Please guys, don't go racing through this area. It's just a matter of time before a 4x4 bakkie gets connected or a gate gets put up because people are endangering lives by riding like lunatics.
FFS, go race at Zone7 or Macassar if you have a point to prove. Better still, enter the Amageza.

But you were voted to be the official certified cameraman for the Eselbank Extreme!
;)

Ohhhhh.... Well in that case please ignore my previous post  ;)

How is your footage/video coming along?
Keen to see BIO taking out your Go Pro  >:D

:ricky:

No progress yet, still enjoying my holiday. Will work on it next week  :thumleft:

Buff said:
No progress yet, still enjoying my holiday. Will work on it next week  :thumleft:

I like........ work time is the best time to compile riding footage!

:thumleft:

Mambat said:
Buff said:
Mambat said:
Buff said:
Why not just whip your dicks out on the coffee table instead of stuffing up the best dual sport trail in the western cape for us?
Please guys, don't go racing through this area. It's just a matter of time before a 4x4 bakkie gets connected or a gate gets put up because people are endangering lives by riding like lunatics.
FFS, go race at Zone7 or Macassar if you have a point to prove. Better still, enter the Amageza.

But you were voted to be the official certified cameraman for the Eselbank Extreme!
;)

Ohhhhh.... Well in that case please ignore my previous post  ;)

How is your footage/video coming along?
Keen to see BIO taking out your Go Pro  >:D

:lol8: :lol8: I'm also keen to see that. >:D :lol8: :lol8:

How did I miss this?????

Secret weapon in the pipeline.......... :biggrin:

Hoe hou julle manne se voorrims dit? Ek het nou die dag daar deur ge pussyfoot, want daar`s darem klippe van ernstige formaat. Jethro, aan die anderkant, wat  my op die trippie gevat het, is ook taamlik vinnig daar deur.
Spoed kan mens seker redelik daar aansit op sommige plekke, maar wat van die voorrims? Buig hulle nie heel in hulle moer nie?

Werdus Smith said:
Hoe hou julle manne se voorrims dit? Ek het nou die dag daar deur ge pussyfoot, want daar`s darem klippe van ernstige formaat. Jethro, aan die anderkant, wat  my op die trippie gevat het, is ook taamlik vinnig daar deur.
Spoed kan mens seker redelik daar aansit op sommige plekke, maar wat van die voorrims? Buig hulle nie heel in hulle moer nie?

Only way is keeping the tyres pumped hard....... I run 2.6/2.7 and try miss the big stuff!

Werdus Smith said:

My rims are still like new not a scratch or dent on them. I like to run tires with a very tough side wall (Michelin Deserts) which helps protect the rims and also helps with snake bite type punctures. I pump my tires to 2.0 bar front and 2.2 rear.

I generally don't worry too much about hitting the rocks, I prefer a straight line rather than zig zagging around the rocks; but then again I don't have all the skills that others like Mambat have  :biggrin:

chrisL said:
I see Mambat stands all the time? Must be the BM that he had that caused it :peepwall: ;)

Nice videos RR. :thumleft:

I am a meerket  >:D
Standing helps save my slammed lower back but I also just feel more in control of the bike in that position.......

Mambat said:
chrisL said:
I see Mambat stands all the time? Must be the BM that he had that caused it :peepwall: ;)

Nice videos RR. :thumleft:

I am a meerket  >:D
Standing helps save my slammed lower back but I also just feel more in control of the bike in that position.......

I fully agree with that :thumleft: :thumleft: .....after having had a lower back spinal fusion a few years back & also having a partially damaged disk right above my fusion,.... I definitely find that standing with my knees slightly bent really has made a Moerse Big difference. :thumleft: :thumleft: Helps cushion the blow on the back.

Oh yes..... I have to add that using the really Gr8 "Technique" that Mambat explained to me....of using the "foot pegs" Correctly in & through the corners while standing.....has made an even bigger difference in the way I now approach & follow through corners!!!! Seriously,.... IT WORKS :thumleft: :thumleft: Thanks for that Mambat!! ;)

I still have a hell of a lot to learn & even more experience to obtain,....but I do feel a lot more confident in taking on corners.

Go on then, share the great footpeg technique with us. It might help a plodding pleb like me. I need all the help I can get!

Werdus Smith said:
Go on then, share the great footpeg technique with us. It might help a plodding pleb like me. I need all the help I can get!

Weight the outside footpeg.....

Left corner weight right footpeg and vice versa.
Helps keep a larger tyre contact patch on the ground = better traction.

Murdock said:
Hi Mambat  - When you guys riding again?

Hi Murdock, long time not hear; how are you doing? I don't know when I will be able to ride again as I am currently off-shore on an offshore construction vessel pigging and pressure testing new subsea oil-field production pipelines.

Murdock said:

Might a good idea for Buff & myself to join the ride....just incase there are any "990 Punctures" to fix.  :pot:  :lol8: :lol8:

Sorry Murdock,....just couldn't resist that one. :imaposer: :imaposer:

Bring It On said:
Murdock said:

Might a good idea for Buff & myself to join the ride....just incase there are any "990 Punctures" to fix.  :pot:  :lol8: :lol8:

Sorry Murdock,....just couldn't resist that one. :imaposer: :imaposer:

NO Problem - I cant be any other than thankful to both you and buff for helping me that time - I was tired for sure after that tyre change

Rough Rider said:
Murdock said:

Hi Murdock, long time not hear; how are you doing? I don't know when I will be able to ride again as I am currently off-shore on an offshore construction vessel pigging and pressure testing new subsea oil-field production pipelines.
[/quoteHowzit RR - Ja I havent been riding at all - When are you back - Dig to go for a little muck about with you and Mambat again - let me know

Good luck with those pressure tests bud
]

Murdock said:
Rough Rider said:
Murdock said:
Hi Mambat  - When you guys riding again?

[/quoteHowzit RR - Ja I havent been riding at all - When are you back - Dig to go for a little muck about with you and Mambat again - let me know

Good luck with those pressure tests bud
]

I was supposed to be back a week ago, but things are not going well and looks like I will be another 10 days or so.

Latest posts