Esselbank on a 990 the way it should be done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2StrokeDan said:
Rough Rider said:
chrisL said:
2 strokeDan sou seker gesê het die KTM sukkel darem om weg te kom van die XT ;)

Waar is hy deesdae so by the way? Erg stil. :deal:

No disrespect but no XT 600 will come anywhere close to that KTM on that road; you can't really see on the footage just how gnarly that road is.

Hier is ek!! I must agree, XT's drawback is of course the kak suspension. But you'll be surprised how one can ride around those inadequacies :ricky:, we must go for a testride soon. My XT is fokken vinnig ;)

Hier kom 'n Ding :pot: :pot: :lol8: :lol8:

Daarom ry ek graag solo want dan wen ek gewoonlik die race sonder om my lewe onnodig in gevaar te stel !  :ricky:

Mambat and I were back there the other day; this time I was riding my XT600e and not the 610. The poor XT was held wide open where it could, taking the kak suspension (and in my case kak tires) into account and it is a joke how fast those 990's pull away and when Mambat is riding, stay away  :snorting: :snorting:

Rough Rider said:
Mambat and I were back there the other day; this time I was riding my XT600e and not the 610. The poor XT was held wide open where it could, taking the kak suspension (and in my case kak tires) into account and it is a joke how fast those 990's pull away and when Mambat is riding, stay away  :snorting: :snorting:

Of course there are the more open sections where the 990 will leave any 4stroke aircooled single for dead, but if we were to start in Wuppertal and ride towards Eselbank, I think that you would not smell an XT again. Just too tight, lot of traction losses on a big pig like a 990, and lots of early braking due to the 990 portly figure. :snorting: :snorting:

2StrokeDan said:
Rough Rider said:

Of course there are the more open sections where the 990 will leave any 4stroke aircooled single for dead, but if we were to start in Wuppertal and ride towards Eselbank, I think that you would not smell an XT again. Just too tight, lot of traction losses on a big pig like a 990, and lots of early braking due to the 990 portly figure. :snorting: :snorting:

Ek stem saam Oom Danie

Many people forget how much longer it takes to stop / brake a heavy bike

Dankie Justin, en ek krap natuurlik ook weer so bietjie gat, maar ek glo dat n XT vinniger deur Eselbank sal vlieg as n 990. 690 natuurlik n perd van ander kleur.

2StrokeDan said:
Dankie Justin, en ek krap natuurlik ook weer so bietjie gat, maar ek glo dat n XT vinniger deur Eselbank sal vlieg as n 990. 690 natuurlik n perd van ander kleur.

Dit hang natuurlik alles af van watter "nut" op watter bike se sitplek sit.  :)

The only way I could keep 2SD behind me once on a twisty section of the Highlands road was to throw rocks at his head with my rear tire.

Not much accelerates faster than an LC8... not much, as mentioned before, stops like it either.

Does Mambat actually brake for corners  :peepwall:

2StrokeDan said:
Rough Rider said:
Mambat and I were back there the other day; this time I was riding my XT600e and not the 610. The poor XT was held wide open where it could, taking the kak suspension (and in my case kak tires) into account and it is a joke how fast those 990's pull away and when Mambat is riding, stay away  :snorting: :snorting:

I came into this ride with exactly the same sentiment and kept telling the guys on the bigger bikes "just wait till we get to Esselbank". The only reason I stayed with Mambat was because he wanted to be on film  ;D  Please don't forget I was on a 610 which has superior suspension to a 690  >:D

R-O-V-Rat said:
2StrokeDan said:

Dit hang natuurlik alles af van watter "nut" op watter bike se sitplek sit.  :)

Of course it does, more than anything else.

Like Andrew says, a 990 throws rocks like a metalstorm weapon. You have to modify your lines through corners so as not to exit in line behind one of those. An angry 990 will break your helmet peak.

2StrokeDan said:
Like Andrew says, a 990 throws rocks like a metalstorm weapon. You have to modify your lines through corners so as not to exit in line behind one of those. An angry 990 will break your helmet peak.

Ask me  :mad:

I think it'll be really cool idea for the "Big Boys" to get out there together sometime & do a couple of runs through that section :ricky: :ricky:

Should make for some rather interesting results & video footage ;D ;D ;D

Rough Rider, Mambat, 2SD, Kamanya, R-O-V-Rat,.......

Rough Rider said:
Brandt said:
Does Mambat actually brake for corners  :peepwall:

He brakes the rear out in every corner  :thumleft:

:spitcoffee: Very True :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Wuppertal to Eselbank race entrants for Saturday, 5th Jan. 2013;
2StrokeDan
Weskus
Mambat
Kamanya
Rovrat
Roughrider