First Lesson - EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
so last night was the night that i had a date with the little bike.... no, there are no pictures for fear of embarassment  :biggrin:

i am explained the gears and other levers and controls very sloooooooooowly! all seems good!

the gear selector is a bit sticky and needs a bit of sorting out, but can get it into first.

right, i am super amped and ready...... release clutch a little bit, bike moves, release a bit more, bike goes faster....PANIC!!!! release clutch almost completely, open throttle and pull on brake! (well that's what i remember) .... end up in pepper's swimming pool, BUT i am still upright on the bike!! SO PROUD!!

after a bit of laughter from 'instructor', i get upset and almost burst into tears (such a drama queen)!

i try again....... not touching the throttle at all, and just playing with the clutch and getting the bike to move a bit like that.... just to get a feel and so on....

bike moved slowly and felt more confident, even though i was duck-paddling.....

went up and down like this for about 30 minutes and then called it a day due to rain.

very successful first lesson i think....

ps: definitely still going to billy de beer

hahaha nice RR  :ricky:

can't wait for the first RR with pics   :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with starting by walking the bike using only clutch control. Start 1 control at a time.

Just get comfortable with each step.

well done!

Oeeeeeee .................... in Afrikaans is daar n liedjie met die woorde ....................." Hoenders eende ganse uit die pad " ...................... >:D :pot: :peepwall:

Well done FC!  First couple of duck-paddle-steps taken on a hopefully long journey.  It only gets better!

How deep was the swimming pool?

Manic said:
How deep was the swimming pool?

it's one of those shell baby type pools that i got for my labrador! so not deep.

Well done FC !  :thumleft:  Pity you so far away as I have plenty time and space to show you how to get the basics right !

Keep at it and you`ll win for sure !  :thumleft:

GlenInk said:
Well done FC !  :thumleft:  Pity you so far away as I have plenty time and space to show you how to get the basics right !

Keep at it and you`ll win for sure !  :thumleft:

well apparently i have been hired to clean tornadof5's house, so maybe you two can work something out hahahaha

Excellent!
Keep it up

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Miepels said:
Nice, 1st of many km's in stock for you!

Congrats!

Oh, and where are the pics?

will post a pic of pepper's pool hahaha