First Lesson - EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miepels said:
Francois said:
Die een regs neem ek aan en jy't gejok,jy't daai foto's nou net gepost! :whip2: ,maar ek voel geeerd want na Avontier is ek nou die 2de ou op die site wat weet hoe jy lyk :evil:

Ek het al voor jy geweet. Het al by haar geslaap na die Hel.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

yup, sal oor die naweek foto's post....

haha FC thanks for sharing so honestly  :biggrin: It brings back memories for me as I also had my first lesson with Billy de Beer . I had bought a ZZR400 having never ever ridden a bike before , and the seller had to deliver the bike to Billy. I sat on that bike frozen to the spot and it must have taken me at least one hour to even pull away and ride one meter . I could not for the life of me believe that if I released the clutch the bike would not fall over . I was terrified for weeks afterwards but it does become easier and easier, and then it becomes second nature,  so well done for persevering :thumleft:

Rynet said:
haha FC thanks for sharing so honestly  :biggrin: It brings back memories for me as I also had my first lesson with Billy de Beer . I had bought a ZZR400 having never ever ridden a bike before , and the seller had to deliver the bike to Billy. I sat on that bike frozen to the spot and it must have taken me at least one hour to even pull away and ride one meter . I could not for the life of me believe that if I released the clutch the bike would not fall over . I was terrified for weeks afterwards but it does become easier and easier, and then it becomes second nature,  so well done for persevering :thumleft:

thanks rynet. such lovely words of encouragement. haven't been to billy yet. seeing him in two weeks. so i can take my own bike??? would be nicer, as then i learn properly on the bike i will be riding.

My honest opinion: unless you are really comfortable on your bike by then, go on his bike. You pay for that, and the damage if any is not yours to fix then. That's just me. The basics should not be that different between his TW and your bike.

buzzlightyear said:
My honest opinion: unless you are really comfortable on your bike by then, go on his bike. You pay for that, and the damage if any is not yours to fix then. That's just me. The basics should not be that different between his TW and your bike.

okidoki. dankie N

buzzlightyear said:

+1 use his TW, it is geared nice and low, the perfect bike to learn the basics with.
And if you do drop the bike the tears won't be yours.

buzzlightyear said:

I agree , I fell over quite a few times in the beginning . I got my ZZR400 from another chick so it had all the battle scars in place already , so I never felt bad about falling . But yes when you start riding and you are a chick you are probably going to fall over a few times  >:D, but nothing serious... , so yes the longer the saddle time on someone else's bike the better  ;)

Rynet said:
buzzlightyear said:

I agree , I fell over quite a few times in the beginning . I got my ZZR400 from another chick so it had all the battle scars in place already , so I never felt bad about falling . But yes when you start riding and you are a chick you are probably going to fall over a few times  >:D, but nothing serious... , so yes the longer saddle time on someone else's bike the better  ;)

fair enough. fankoooooo :thumleft:

Jy sal sien die gogga het jou gebyt.  Hoop jy geniet die bike.