Gatvol Thursday ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varadero

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Yesterday I was having, lets just say a kak day - so enough already I'm going for a ride.  Jump on the little XR and head out.  I originally planned to just ride for an hour or so and then head back into the office.  Ja right, 2 hours later I find myself on the top of Breedts Nek watching a massive storm rolling in. 

Damn, this is the place I was trying to leave behind - looks like it's everywhere  :biggrin:

Every time I ride past this sign I think I must at some stage get a photo of it, well yesterday was the day and here it is ....

The little bike with a big heart at the top of Breedts Nek

Another brag shot of the XR  :biggrin:

The pass is in OK condition, easy with a small or plastic bike but you're going to have choose your lines nicely on the bigger toys

Time to go  :eek:

OK maybe time for one last photo ...

Well needless to say the little XR couldn't outrun the storm and I spent the next hour in the pouring rain - on the dirt roads it was actually easier to ride because there's no else on the roads to worry about; on the tar I eventually tucked in behind a taxi of all things and followed him and his hazard lights at 40km an hour for what felt like eternity - I'm sure if I carried on staring at the back of it and those flashing indicators it would eventually have hypnotized me  :biggrin: