Gauteng Something New. Randfontien Fochville Carltonville Ride ->31 Aug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gunda. Martin and i were still laughing about the story of your pants episode that you shared with us at Lunch. :imaposer:

blazes said:
Hi Gunda. Martin and i were still laughing about the story of your pants episode that you shared with us at Lunch. :imaposer:
Now you know why I ride with braces. I think Farmer Joe and his merry band of workers are also still laughing.  ;D

carlton4.jpg

:sleepy1:

Dirt highway's in the winter time, I'd rather watch the Proteas play  ;D

sidetrack said:

Dude that is only a small part of the trip.

I would rather be sitting on a broken bike in the snow than in front of the TV

sidetrack said:
But even if much of the trip was like this, which it wasn't, it would still be well worth it.
When I came up from Durbs last year I hated these open and straight gravel roads, and the speed that the up-country  riders rode them at.
But now I have come to love them. Something about moving along at a reasonable pace (in my terms) and feeling the different textures slipping by under the bike. The wide open spaces and the slowly-changing perspective as the world rotates about the middle-distance.

"Dull would he be of soul who could pass by a sight so touching in it's majesty" 

Apologies but that pic brought back some monkey butt memories from a Groot Marico trip, dusty corrugated roads for miles on end, noooh !

sidetrack said:
Apologies but that pic brought back some monkey butt memories from a Groot Marico trip, dusty corrugated roads for miles on end, noooh !

Would like to know which roads in GM you found boring ???

Sidepod said:
sidetrack said:

Would like to know which roads in GM you found boring ???
Most probably he found most of the roads boring and dull Due to the fact he rides a small bike on them that was meant for little roads and iensie weenie tracks ( 400cc) I rest my case. I use mine for de Wildt and NOT open roads ::)

I agree Blazes.

I found the area very interesting with the odd long stretch that linked more beautiful roads.