Goodwill ride to the klip - 10th Dec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

The toy runs give us some oppertunity to show our involvement in the community but us as DS bikers decided to do something in one of our favorite riding areas and planned a goodwill trip to the village at the base of the groot klip.
Not only is this big rock an interesting spot to end a nice ride down the canals but the area around it is filled with riding oppertunities we all enjoy.

So as we wont have the numbers to dontate toys the kids there I followed up on wino's suggestion of sports kit for the school. It just so turns out that the chief of the village is also the school principal and his brother owns the tavern. Talk about sorted.

So the 10th Dec is on! We can ride to the village and hand over a token to this community in the form of sports equipment for the school.
They indicated that soccer balls and netball balls are the prime choice as the facilities in the village are not that hot.

Lets meet at Haartebeespoort (time and venue to be decided) , have breakfast/brunch and then head out via good dirt/tar to the village.
We meet a few kids, hand over the kit, have a few drinks in the tavern.
Ride up the klip for a blast and then head back via the canal.

All welcome but please lets try bring quite a bit of kit. I'm sure other sports are cool too, but like he said soccer is king out there.

I'll be there with 2x soccer balls.

Come on guys, these dudes tolerate us riding around there, lets show them that the wild dog dudes aint so bad.