Gourits River - Take 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumleft:   Thanks TR, I really needed to get out a bit, to all that came with thanks for a
stunning day!  :ricky:

Dankie TR.
Sal daai laaste stuk nog moet doen wat ek gemis het.

Madala die R327 is geteer tussen Herbertsdale en die N2.

Mooi man TR ! lekker RR en stunning roete!  :biggrin:

And thanks for the information about the the history and geography of the places TR :thumleft:

And Great to see nice progress being made to conserve our beautiful nature so that future wild doggies can enjoy it also. Touches my green heart  :thumleft:

Trailrider said:
Madala die R327 is geteer tussen Herbertsdale en die N2.

Dankie, nog 2 maande dan speel ek saam :thumleft:

TR thanks for the RR interesting history , will PM you when next in your part , would love to ride the route  :thumleft:

If anyone is interested - on this Ride Report on my blog you can download the tracklog of this route as well as the route on Google earth. I have also added an everytrail route there.

Blogs have so much more functionality than forums. :)

Ride Report here.

Specific post with downloadable routes here.

Trailrider said:
If anyone is interested - on this Ride Report on my blog you can download the tracklog of this route as well as the route on Google earth. I have also added an everytrail route there.

Blogs have so much more functionality than forums. :)

Ride Report here.

Specific post with downloadable routes here.

Route Downloaded ... thanks Trailrider

Very nice.

I'd like to ride some of those roads.

This trip report has been filed for future reference.

TR

You made me think many years ago, I spent a couple of years in that area doing research and going onb all the dirt tracks. I am so glad they never developed the nuclear power station at Ystervarkpunt near Gourits. That would have destroyed the area

Yes that would have been a disaster. The area around the Ystervarkpunt lighthouse is a conservation area now.

Nice ride report! thanks! I think I must do this route in December. nice photos!

We tried again and failed to complete this ride - again! I have not seen a route this jinxed before ever.

DrDirt said:
;D

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/d5bxIMigBUk[/flash]

All I can reveal now is that Karma - she's a bitch!!! ;D

Ride Report pending...