GSC Pink Route (more pictures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steady

Wits conspired to keep my son at varsity for the week of the gsc so I decided to take the XChallenge and do the red route the easy way. A lot of fun on the right bike, and it was a blast. A few pic's from my camera which spent the best part of the ride safely packed in my back pack. Thoroughly enjoyed riding with fellow WD's mikedabike and Freakonaleash, as well as a great bunch of guys from Cape Town, Botswana and the big smoke.

GAGSC009.jpg

GAGSC011.jpg

GAGSC012.jpg

GAGSC014.jpg

GAGSC018.jpg

GAGSC028.jpg

Steady

Da camera he belong in da pocket, not inda bag  ;D

At least you took part - thats what counts  (but plleeez we wanna da pics too)

Hi Steady, Mike and the rest of the gang.

It was great riding with you guys, GAGSC 2008 cant come quick enough.

Was great to meet you Steady and who knows next year we could be doing the red route on our new 450's if only Mikedabike can get them here in time ;D

If they are allowed to participate then the red route is not an option and my beloved GS1200 will be green in the garage for the week ;)

The XChallenge surely was not that easy to make the red route pink ??? If so, can i have one please ;D

Great sense of humor, steady!
I like the hi-tech long range tank on your X-challenge...  and riding all the way from GP :salut:

The XChallenge is a whole lot easier to ride on technical sections than the bigger bikes - no doubt. Hats off to those on the big bikes over some of the obstacles on the routes. Two things stood out for me - 1. The unfit guys took strain at the end of the days. 2. Most of the riding is green anyway, the difference is in the special stages. Some of it tough but if you got going early and took care over the obstacles they were manageable.

The bikes that did come to grief were being ridden to hard/fast for the rider's ability and or the conditions. If I am not mistaken most of the accidents happened on the open public gravel roads, routes shared by all colours. Bash plates did get hammered, it is a crap design, I think there is some money to be made by someone clever enough to mount that sucker to something other than the sump!

It remains to be seen if the 450's will be allowed to the GSC, I suspect that the red routes will be more difficult in the years ahead as the orange caters for most riders needs, and the red will test a riders ability to the max. Still amazed that there are 1150/1200's two up on some of those sections, I was in awe. :hello2:

For me the GAGSC was not about the pub, the showers, the food or the entertainment. It was about the single track riding in unbelievable locations with some very nice guys who showed me a trick or two and will inspire me to lift my game for next year. Guys from all walks of life enjoying a common pastime. If next year is half as good I can't wait. See you there!

Paint me pink.

Freak & Eddie 120+ in dry river bed.

Attachments

• 2007 -09-30 GAGS Challenge 388.jpg
    2007 -09-30 GAGS Challenge 388.jpg
    32.9 KB
It is going to be interesting to see what happens when the 450's arrive....they may not be designated "G" which would exclude them from taking part...and some may also not be street legal so that would exclude them from being operated on public roads....but we will have to wait and see wont we...

Freak if you happy to be 'pink' then so am I brother...eish you and Unsteady Eddy sure make those babies fly.... :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm sure the GSC orginisers will not accept entries with 450's, the 450's is not a DUAL PURPOSE bike, they are made for pure off-road enduro racing. The DS bikes will not be able to compete with these bikes, therefor they can not be allowed to compete in the GSC. If BM want's to allow the 450's they will need to make a total differnt route, and run it as a Enduro RACE, wich would also be alot of fun!! Lets see what happens in 2008.  ???

More pic's, not mine but I am sure that Clinton (Botswana) and Russell (Rakad) would not mind me sharing them with you.

DSC_0178.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Some more.

Whilst I have your attention, the 450 will come in two versions, street legal and full enduro, as can be seen in this pic, ready for a number plate. Not that much easier than the 650 mind you as the 650 is only 155 kg's fully fueled and ready, BMW one of the few manufacturers to state the true weight of their bikes.

24092007022.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Whilst I have your attention, the 450 will come in two versions, street legal and full enduro, as can be seen in this pic, ready for a number plate.
This seems to be the way that they are thinking yes!!!!

Not that much easier than the 650 mind you as the 650 is only 155 kg's fully fueled and ready.
Steady the 450 is going to weigh around 118 kg's when fully fuelled with 8l of Sasol's premium blend...thats 37kg and that will definetely make a difference and thus much easier me thinks!!
[/quote]

Latest posts