Helping a fellow Bikes in trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SABSol

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
On Saturday morning we headed to Katse dam from Clarens, had a lekker ride to Katse, breakfast at the lodge and we headed back. Only to find that there was no petrol at the normal place 10km before the dam  :'(

So we enjoyed the mountain passes, riding like its the last day we can ride. We eventually stopped about 10km before the decent, and waited for the guys to arrive. The XT660 was there withing 2min, then the 950 Adv, then the wait...... we waited for about 30min, before the XT went back as he had more petrol than the 990 Adventures to go back and ride to the next town. We stopped some cars and trucks, but they didnt see our friends  ???

Eventually, two GS's and a KLR stopped, we asked the okes if they say our friends, "Yes, they are on the bridge, waved that us and all seem fine with them"

Now, Dear Sir's on the GS's and the KLR, our friends were 15km behind us fixing a flat tyre without tyre levers. If that was me, i would have stopped, asked it i could help, if not at least bring a message accross to the guys waiting in front!!!!!!

Next time you are in trouble, think about the bikes and cars just driving  past, and think why the hell are they not stopping!! Hopefully it will be one of us!!

Things like this will make me to never stop and help a fellow biker again, but im a better person than that, so if your bike breaks down, and i am close, i will stop to help you!!