Hoopstad Sandmonster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic 1804r The homestead , and we are ready to roll & go ploughing.
Pic 1817r Halfway rest, energy bars, cool drinks and water.
Pic 1816 Same
Pic 1814 Dog "pup" Tayla's patch.
Pic 1813 Same

All in all, great fun was had by all. We had the whole months "work-out" on Saturday morning alone.

After brunch Myself and Tayla joined the manne again, but after some distance and a few more falls, called it quits. I looked at the GPS, and found nice normal gravel roads to ride, up to the Bloemhof Dam, and directly down to Hoopstad again. NOE that was a nice leasure ride, by this time our bods were aching, and we headed back to the homestead for a shower, and good company.

FANTASTIC to have been able to enjoy the riding with my daughter, and a bit around the house with my son.

Attachments

• IMG_1804r.jpg
    IMG_1804r.jpg
    71.3 KB
  • IMG_1816r.jpg
    IMG_1816r.jpg
    84.4 KB
  • IMG_1817r.jpg
    IMG_1817r.jpg
    97.3 KB
  • IMG_1813r.jpg
    IMG_1813r.jpg
    52.7 KB
  • IMG_1814r.JPG
    IMG_1814r.JPG
    152.2 KB
63magic said:
tankgirl said:
damn that looks lekker! glad you all enjoyed, well done! :thumleft:

magic, how'd your tires handle the sand? was on rhino park's beach the other day and the tourances sucked donkey balls if i may say so - didn't have a pump with us though, they're probably do a little better when deflated?

nice pics!

hey TG! why weren't you there??!!

about the tyres.. I am too inexperienced with sand to know whether the tyres were good or bad.. my shoulders are a bit stiff and sore today (will prolly be worse tomorrow!) cos the bike was all over... but i think she handled the sand well enough. Tyres were down to 1.5 bar or so, will check with Eskape, as long as you keep the speed up it is OK. The fact that i only fell twice due to rider error and put the bike down once due to an unforseen obstacle (read fallen rider) in the way suddenly, makes me think the tyres are not too bad. With knobblies or more aggressive tyres.. I dunno... what do the other more experienced riders think???

63Magic yes your tyres were down to 1.5 bar - which is fine for what we were riding: sand and some gravel and other surfaces inbetween - your tyres are dual purpose type which is always a bit of a compromise but at the same time the best of both worlds and they handled the sand very well I saw once you got the hang of keeping the throttle open!!!

Morning Sand eaters!  :peepwall:

Just a quick note.......Is some one missing a set of cellphone earphones?

Please pm me!

Carlos said:
Lekker..except for the shock..eina..nice pics

Hey Carlos - yes I'm in for some shockingly expensive repairs, very eina

Some more pics!

117 - Steady is actually trying to start a cornfield on his nose....... :3some:
120 - How many guys does it take to change a Katoom's flat?

Attachments

• bikefoto's 117.jpg
    bikefoto's 117.jpg
    61.1 KB
  • bikefoto's 120.jpg
    bikefoto's 120.jpg
    239 KB
chrisL said:
Coolste bike op AL die fotos is die BMW chopper. Kan iemand die foto vir my email asb en dalk ook kontakno van die eienaar indien het. Kry nie die foto gecopy nie. Thanks.

Found that BMW/Harley chopper in Bloemhof - the owner was a laaitie and all he wanted was to hear the roar of the KTM I was riding!!

Nice pics there too Tweetie - was good to meet you and thanks again for all your help in getting my bike back to Jhb.

Agreed it is always good to see dads riding with their daughters/sons out there

eSKaPe said:
Carlos said:
Lekker..except for the shock..eina..nice pics

Hey Carlos - yes I'm in for some shockingly expensive repairs, very eina

K, if the insurance is not going to pay for it, maybe see this thread?

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=38977.0

cheers
M

Thanks 63 will have a look - the damage is in a critical spot

Thaanks for the RR, that looked like a really great weekend, would love to join the next time.

Eskape sorry about your bike, you said you sold it, (well maybe) what you gona ride next, are you still going to the annual bash?

Miles said:
Eskape sorry about your bike, you said you sold it, (well maybe) what you gona ride next, are you still going to the annual bash?

:biggrin: No, it's more like eSKaPe wished he had sold it the night before - but hindsight is a wonderful thing ;) ... so far we hoping to have the bike repaired and take it from there... but not too worry, we will still be at the bash - even if I have to pillion him  :ricky:  >:D

Misty said:
Miles said:

:biggrin: No, it's more like eSKaPe wished he had sold it the night before - but hindsight is a wonderful thing ;) ... so far we hoping to have the bike repaired and take it from there... but not too worry, we will still be at the bash - even if I have to pillion him  :ricky:  >:D

Hey Miles the bike is in for repairs pending the insurance claim - have my eye on the new GS but still thinking on it - will be at the bash though, somehow yes, thanks Misty for your kind offer of pillioning me but...

eSKaPe said:
... thanks Misty for your kind offer of pillioning me but...

but?! Such an offer doesnt come along everyday you know! :biggrin: