How to see your a**e:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Tools required:

DS bike.
Mudhole.
Lack of attention.
Sunny Saturday afternoon.

How to do it:
Ride DS bike on Occultdale Road using lack of attention into mudhole.
Yes, believe me, there is / was one really deep mudhole. It's nicely on the left where you normally don't go unless you look around at the springflowers instead of looking at where you are going.
And don't tell me it's only a puddle. I went back on Sunday to have a look and stepped into the mudhole. I stopped after my boot had disapeared in the goo to well above my ankle  :eek:
Hitting the hole at some 50 or 60km/h the front wheel pulled left very sharply jackknifing bike and me onto the right and into the gravel.
First off since Aba Huab riverbed in May 2002.

What you get out of it:
Besides a scratched ego :D
Torn cargo pants :(
Scratched knee. More like carpet burn thanks to knee protector.
Some nasty deep scars in the protector. Would not like to have those scratches in my knee :)
Probably a cracked rib. Don't really know how that happened. Must have landed on left bar end. Laughing hurts  :)
Bike is fine. Picked her up and rode her home. Minor scratches in plastic bodywork, bent footbrake lever (fixed with a metre of 30x30x2 square steel pipe and vice after return to workshop) Lucky me the DR650 crashes well  :)

Lessons learned: Always look where you are going and wear protective gear.

No pics for your entertainment. Camera was at home.