Interesting rides in South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwind

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Before anyone barks at me...my apologies for opening a can with a lot of dogfood chunks in it. I do not want to reinvent the wheel. Please bear with me. I have done a search and found a lot of interesting stuff, but I need either updated information, or confirmation of such information. One such piece of information is the book called "Offbeat SA", but the last posting about this was 2007.

The idea is to compile a list of good rides, both on and off-road for the Dog Community. Very often I hear my rider friends say...let go for something interesting this Sunday. Scanning the maps, there are as many options as there are roads. So I want to compile a list, much based on the same format as "Ridders van die Grondpad" (Deon's book), but with more information.

So here is the request:
If you have a nice ride, please share it with me including the following information:
1. The route itself (in summarised format)
2. The interesting/weird thinkgs along this route that should be noted
3. How hard is it to ride this route (a rating between 1-5,with 1 being easy and 5 being very difficult
4. Your contact detail.

PM me with this information plese.
Much appreciated.