Intermittent cutting out KTM950

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GO GIRL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
A few weeks ago I m out on a ride....the Beast is cutting out intermittently while idling, waiting for all to go....side stand up... ???

While in motion no problemo....

At one point we help a rider up....off we go, I mange to get to second gear, she starts spluttering big time I drop a geat to clear what I think dirt in the fuel line....big splutter and noises from the bottom of the engine..... ??? ???

Engine dead...no indicator lights

Turn ignition, nothing ...dead.... ??? :eek: ::)

Bike trailered in.....not a happy chappy

Beast to agents and is eventually released no one can establish the problem......released çlean bill of health.????

Have two to three days riding to work ...no problemo.....Fri morning no lights ( I have HIDs), phone a friend (XT660) to come check,
Shortly thereafter I turn ignition.....DEAD, No indicator lights...... ::) ::)COUNTING TO TEN BIG TIME....

Wait a while....turn ignition...Whooppee indicator lights, I have lights and there is life..... ???

By this time I am at Topbox's place and XT660 arrives...all good....

Go home...meet up at drinks Fri avvie...

Lo beam blows Im supposed to do rider trg in Ceres the weekend....I dnt need to be stranded by myself... :p

Cancel that...open up panels and fault find the problem of the lights.....Lo beam globe blown...that issue solved, Beast all clean and spiffy,
take her for a ride to the Blue Peter, yea Im a :imaposer: :imaposer:

Anyway no problemo......

Next day ride out 150kays or so......

Refuel - I am less than 6kays from home......everything dead no indicator lights..... ??? ??? ??? ???

No ways am I pushing this Beast home......NADA

leave for a while....turn ignition indicator light and hi beam glimmer on the panel intermittently....no life from starter button, do this a couple of times,

Eventually the indicator light and hi beam are glaring at me...Whooppee I have life, press starter button.....and there she goes...

??? ??? ??? ::)

have replaced fuel pump, I checked the fuse at bottom of Beast (linking bty to electrics) all dry and good, checked bty terminals all good..

Is the bty on the way out, I obviously have to check the charge of the bty????

Beast has 52000kays..

We doing th RR soon and I dnt need this..... ??? ???

Help...