Introducing myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cojack

Puppy
Reaction score
Hi All

New to this forum, new to motorcycling and confused as can be because there are so many options available. You may as well call me "greeney", "noob" or paste a big "L" for Learner on my back!

History:
I always wanted to have a motorbike, but couldn't afford one for a very long time. Times have changed, many sacrifices later and I am in the position to get one.
About a month ago, a colleague and great friend of mine, treated me to a day trip here in the Western Cape and it was the first time for me on a motorcycle. He has a G1200. Needless to say, the bug has bitten..... badly. he may be on the forum (not sure) but I am sure he seriously regrets getting me on his bike, because I hound him daily with bike related stuff :ROFLMAO:

The plan:
So plan of action is to get my learners by end June, go for training by end July and then the fun starts at getting a "bike". I am considering a GS850 Adventure (very capable) or a GS1200 Adventure (the big boy), both at about the same price believe it or not, both have their pro's and con's, so I may tap into the collective knowledge and experience on this forum to help with making an informed decision.

Looking forward to some new experiences

Cojack