It truly is an Oasis - 28/29 Jan 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buff said:
By the time we reached Algeria our moer meters were deep into the red and it so happened that there was a rally control point as the road forks right to Clanwilliam. We let them have it with both barrels, with Yami leading the charge, telling where they could stick their European rally  >:D.
They tried retaliating with a bullshit story of “it isn’t a race, just a tour” but that argument fell to shit when the next car arrived in a cloud of dust and stones as he braked hard for the control point, nearly taking out the officials  :eek7:.

The local nature conservation official was also on hand and he was phoning the local farmers to warn them about what was going on as their kids often ride their bicycles on those roads  :eek:. He also had no idea about the rally and his moer meter was stripped already as well. Needless to say, we’ll be making an effort this week to stop this rally from happening again, at least until they organise full road closure.

Dave’s rear tire kept on popping the plugs so we had to stop every couple or so kilos and plug it again  :'(. Not fun in 40deg plus temperatures. Fortunately Yami had a shitload of plugs otherwise we would have had to stoetie the bike home.

By the time we reached Piketberg we were seriously hot and bothered. The Milkshakes stood no chance and we each polished 2 with a couple of other drinks as well. Thank goodness we had our camelbacks with us otherwise we would have run into serious problems in that heat.

By the time we reached home it was a case of into the pool, kit and all  8)

All in all a very lekka outing, filled with enough adventure to make the trip memorable.

Thanks to all the dogs that pitched and once again, thanks to our awesome hosts Gerrit & Chantal  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

1. Yamaha roadside assist (Yami Super 10)  :biggrin:
2. Dave's turn.
3. Not again  :'(

I know what you're saying! I ran into these okes with their 19 voertsek model racing cars in Namibia last week! Between Karabib and Otjiwaringo. Overtaking on uphills and shit like that! I suppose we're luckiy they're from the UK or they might have driving on the wrong side of the flippen road!

Ouman said:
Buff said:
By the time we reached Algeria our moer meters were deep into the red and it so happened that there was a rally control point as the road forks right to Clanwilliam. We let them have it with both barrels, with Yami leading the charge, telling where they could stick their European rally  >:D.
They tried retaliating with a bullshit story of “it isn’t a race, just a tour” but that argument fell to shit when the next car arrived in a cloud of dust and stones as he braked hard for the control point, nearly taking out the officials  :eek7:.

The local nature conservation official was also on hand and he was phoning the local farmers to warn them about what was going on as their kids often ride their bicycles on those roads  :eek:. He also had no idea about the rally and his moer meter was stripped already as well. Needless to say, we’ll be making an effort this week to stop this rally from happening again, at least until they organise full road closure.

Dave’s rear tire kept on popping the plugs so we had to stop every couple or so kilos and plug it again  :'(. Not fun in 40deg plus temperatures. Fortunately Yami had a shitload of plugs otherwise we would have had to stoetie the bike home.

By the time we reached Piketberg we were seriously hot and bothered. The Milkshakes stood no chance and we each polished 2 with a couple of other drinks as well. Thank goodness we had our camelbacks with us otherwise we would have run into serious problems in that heat.

By the time we reached home it was a case of into the pool, kit and all  8)

All in all a very lekka outing, filled with enough adventure to make the trip memorable.

Thanks to all the dogs that pitched and once again, thanks to our awesome hosts Gerrit & Chantal  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

1. Yamaha roadside assist (Yami Super 10)  :biggrin:
2. Dave's turn.
3. Not again  :'(

I know what you're saying! I ran into these okes with their 19 voertsek model racing cars in Namibia last week! Between Karabib and Otjiwaringo. Overtaking on uphills and shit like that! I suppose we're luckiy they're from the UK or they might have driving on the wrong side of the flippen road!

Maybe you would like to email them :deal:
The more there is, the better :thumleft:

As one voice against them, I most probably just sound like a pain in the but :mad:

But really this kind of race in a Reserve or on any gravel road, without the knowledge of something like this, IS JUST NOT ON  :deal:
When the first car passed on my side of the road, forcing me up on the gravel/graded edge and that with a pillion :eek: is not fun :dousing: Then after that, more and more race cars started side-driffting around the corners. And that as we were taking it nice and easy :ricky:

:thumleft: Good one Buff, and "Deadmeat" is definelately the "bike-packer" of all time!!! :eek:

Snafu said:
How does this race differ from Amageza?

Just asking! :p
Is daar nie spoed beperkings nie?? :deal: :deal:
Mag hulle nie meer as die voorgestelde spoed ry nie?

Die ouens het meer as 120km/h op n openbare grondpad gery waar die spoed zone 40 was :deal:

So eks seker dis nie dieselfde nie :deal:

Snafu, jy sou seker meer as jou onnies moes ruil as jy daai spots van die Porche op jou kant sien, plus nog as jy deur n vee-hek deurgaan :dousing:

:ricky:

What an awesome adventure !!!!!

Im hooked and cannot wait for the next dirt road weekend away, many thanx, a pleasure meeting you all and having shit load of beers and laughs :)

Looks like you guys had some good fun. I thought the Oasis might run out of cold beers and decided to spend my weekend on the beach rather.
Anything less than 40deg and I will be in next time.

Snafu said:
Pleco said:
Stoetbul said:
Snafu said:

Hou op K@K vrae vra. :3some: :3some: :peepwall:

Dankie Stoetie.

Spaar my die moeite.

Duidelik weet julle tweetjies dan nie waarvan julle praat nie :)
Duidelik het jy vroeg huis toe gery en nie jou pak soos 'n man gevat nie! :3some: >:D :peepwall:
Waar is die res van die foto's? Sproketbek? :peepwall:

Stoetbul said:
Snafu said:
Pleco said:
Stoetbul said:
Snafu said:

Hou op K@K vrae vra. :3some: :3some: :peepwall:

Dankie Stoetie.

Spaar my die moeite.

Duidelik weet julle tweetjies dan nie waarvan julle praat nie :)
Waar is die res van die foto's? Sproketbek? :peepwall:
Daai will jy nie sien nie :pot: Stoetie op sy beste :peepwall: 

Sit so paar op, net nie die gevaarlikes nie. :thumleft:

The real Stoetas in action...  :biggrin:

Attachments

• 021 B.jpg
    021 B.jpg
    151.1 KB
Pote said:
wat drink hy daar Castle? het die swembad dan shock treatment nodig gehad ;D
Vra die ou wat nie tot daar wou ry nie...........Ok ok,ek weet jou arm is nog nie reg nie. :3some: :biggrin:

Stoetbul said:
Pote said:
wat drink hy daar Castle? het die swembad dan shock treatment nodig gehad ;D
Vra die ou wat nie tot daar wou ry nie...........Ok ok,ek weet jou arm is nog nie reg nie. :3some: :biggrin:
ja wat ek sal maar vir my so ou krok 4x4 moet kry vir eers, dan kan ek sommer meer as genoeg bier en Kurt Darren CD's saambring ;D

Daai pad is mou so lekker jy kan dit in 'n Porche 911 ry  :peepwall:  :pot: