Itchy Boots - New Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bike did sound good though in vid.
It did and I know it is heavily laden but I could not help but wish she would just open it up a bit on that dirt road section. She was really puttering along.
On the piece of drone footage it looked like she was looking for parking.

It did and I know it is heavily laden but I could not help but wish she would just open it up a bit on that dirt road section. She was really puttering along.
On the piece of drone footage it looked like she was looking for parking.
Drones are not that fast. She needs to allow it to keep up.

Drones are not that fast. She needs to allow it to keep up.

Average higher end consumer drone does 65-75Kph. Most if not all high quality drones can quite easily be updated to fly 85+Kph but yes your battery wont last as long. Id say on dirt she wont do higher speeds fully loaded.

a DJI Air 3S does 75Kph.

Last edited:
Average higher end consumer drone does 65-75Kph. Most if not all high quality drones can quite easily be updated to fly 85+Kph but yes your battery wont last as long. Id say on dirt she wont do higher speeds fully loaded
Average drone speed would be around 65. I doubt she would have done any speed upgrades. Also, the faster the speed, the more difficult quality video becomes. Remember, she is riding the bike and handling the drone as for some reason she doesn't use auto following extensively.

Nice that the 600 sounds like she is just pottering along. Understressed. She has never been a racer, and cautioning on the safe side has most probably saved her bacon many a time.
Interesting that the 600 has no odo, speedo or rev counter. Just a tablet. How did the bike pass the test? At least here a vehicle should have a speedo so you can see how fast you are going. Wonder if she will not run into trouble with some lawmaker somewhere?

Nice that the 600 sounds like she is just pottering along. Understressed. She has never been a racer, and cautioning on the safe side has most probably saved her bacon many a time.
Interesting that the 600 has no odo, speedo or rev counter. Just a tablet. How did the bike pass the test? At least here a vehicle should have a speedo so you can see how fast you are going. Wonder if she will not run into trouble with some lawmaker somewhere?
She has got a GPS with all that info, surely no different like modern day tablet like dash ?

She has got a GPS with all that info, surely not different like modern day tablet like dash ?
This is a multifunction tablet, but not hotwired into the bike. It can be taken off, has to be charged overnight. can get damaged, stolen...
It is like using your phone for everything, and then the battery runs flat or you drop or lose it, or there is no reception. And she messed up a tablet before...
Having a dedicated device for a specific purpose is safer imho.

Also, a vehicle should have a dedicated odo to be road legal.

This is a multifunction tablet, but not hotwired into the bike. It can be taken off, has to be charged overnight. can get damaged, stolen...
It is like using your phone for everything, and then the battery is flat or you lose it, or there is no reception. And she messed up a tablet before...
Having a dedicated device for a specific purpose is safer imho.
I agree would have just kept a basic analog speedo on there as well but that would be her argument I'm sure