J-dog's Winterberg Race! *Now the Blue Horizon Enduro!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ps if you got through that then you will have 0 problem as the route you will race will not come close to any of those climbs and it will just be the distance you need worry about!

KTMjedi said:
That last picture is quite a hecktic climb and to be honest I would never have expected you to take on so I am actually quite impressed! ps how was the traction with the pressure drop? the clim you went down in the first photos is called mountain goat and the second is not well named yet but genrally known as Ma se p**s  :D

mountain goat is ok going down - three big step-downs and a lot of crappy rocks with steepness. Going up would be another story.

Jou Ma se P*es is very aptly named. I exhausted about a years worth of expletives going up there. It was actually plain silly.

The Mitas hooked up beautifully  :thumleft:

KTMjedi said:
ps if you got through that then you will have 0 problem as the route you will race will not come close to any of those climbs and it will just be the distance you need worry about!

thanks Bud. However, me tackling those routes today wasn't pretty  :imaposer: More like point, squirt, moer off, pick up, point, squirt, moer off and so on.  :ricky:

ps that climbs name came from when a guy ask me to take him on a hard core ride and when we got to the top of that climb I asked him if that was hardcore enough and his response was....jou ma se p**s man... :D. So its now called... Ma se p**s  ::)

KTMjedi said:
ps that climbs name came from when a guy ask me to take him on a hard core ride and when we got to the top of that climb I asked him if that was hardcore enough and his response was....jou ma se p**s man... :D. So its now called... Ma se p**s  ::)

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Hell am I jealous that you live near such fantastic riding terrain!  I'm sitting here trying to decide where to go tomorrow and it wont be anything like that.  :'( 

Where is that more or less?

Good luck with the race.  Practice makes perfect and you seem to be getting lots of practice so it shouldn't be a complete disaster - holding thumbs.  :ricky:

That is apart from the small issue of fitness, although at our age we just have to accept that what was dead easy at 18, now becomes a real mission requiring massive amounts of training - sad but true.  No time to change that before the weekend so you are just going to have to grin and bare it.  Respect for having a solid go though!

Well done buddy, you've thrown yourself right at it. If nothing else, you've put your flesh on the line. Don't worry, according to the buddhism you can get a better body the next time round.  >:D

Good luck for the race  :thumleft:

Awesome, you found the technical stuff. Good thing to not give that another go untill the race.
Like Jedi said the race will be no prob if you can get through that. My advise is take the first lap real slow and dont use up all your energy. Use it as a proper sighter and check the route out well remember where you can go fast and where not. Look for smooth lines. Take it easy in the water if there is. A drowned bike would be a real downer.

Will see you at the race. I will be coming through to spectate.

Race Number?

C894 for me

C899 for my son

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Go Big, we want PICS, photographic evidence !!! :deal:

And remember if your son whips your Ass you have to buy all the dogs spectating as much beer as they can Drink  :deal:

Getting close now JDog. All the best for your race tomorrow.

Morning all!

Leaving with Navigator at 9am to go and set up our pits and arrange the caravan area. Then coming back to collect the bikes and equipment. Getting excited!