J-dog's Winterberg Race! *Now the Blue Horizon Enduro!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobC said:
That hill in 030.JPG is seriously compromised with tracks... is that from bikes or cattle?

Bikes. Actually it's quite destructive.  :-\

J-dog™ said:
RobC said:
That hill in 030.JPG is seriously compromised with tracks... is that from bikes or cattle?

Bad boys then... I can see why land owners get uptight about plastics jaaging up and down their mountains. :'(

Have you tried the trail way in the back ground on pick 026. That green ridge that runs up from the left up towards the right. Some call it steps the others call it goat trail. Thats one of my favorites.

Pick 030 has the two newer trails on the right hand side with one new one to their left. Just more than half way up is a ant hill, that thing is like a magnet I hit it twice trying to get up there.

RobC said:
J-dog™ said:
RobC said:

Bad boys then... I can see why land owners get uptight about plastics jaaging up and down their mountains. :'(

Land is owned by a church who recently gave mining rites for a quarry about 800m from where that pic was taken! Soon there will be no mountains! Came flying down the trail in the valley when suddenly there were boulders all over the place. These had rolled down the hill from the blast site.

Go Big said:
Have you tried the trail way in the back ground on pick 026. That green ridge that runs up from the left up towards the right. Some call it steps the others call it goat trail. Thats one of my favorites.

Pick 030 has the two newer trails on the right hand side with one new one to their left. Just more than half way up is a ant hill, that thing is like a magnet I hit it twice trying to get up there.

I'm going to give the hill another go today. This time I'll have backup  :ricky:

Go Big said:
Land is owned by a church who recently gave mining rites for a quarry about 800m from where that pic was taken! Soon there will be no mountains! Came flying down the trail in the valley when suddenly there were boulders all over the place. These had rolled down the hill from the blast site.
That is different then! Go help mine the place then. :thumleft: :mwink:

J-dog™ said:
Go Big said:

I'm going to give the hill another go today. This time I'll have backup  :ricky:

Check the picture below. Give this trail a try. It will be quite a work out if you go from the bottom up. (test that 0.8 bar back wheel). There is an exit half way (the green arrow) or you can go all the way up >:D. Its sometimes good fun to go up the back of the hill and come down this trail. This is more rock and steps, if this is whats going to be in the winterburg you could try it. If not then give it a skip till after the event.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 279
:eek: I'm going there in an hour from now. I'll check it out.  :eek7:

Split a tooth on Friday night (long story) could only get to the dentist today so cant miss that one.

Next time I will definately come with.

Gooi Mielies!! Dit lyk moer lekker!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Just got back from today's practice ride. We chose some more difficult routes today, and had plenty of practice picking bikes up from off-camber slopes, walking bikes up climbs, a drowned bike and lots more fun.

Here are some pics of the terrain and scenery. This will be my last technical ride before the race. Tomorrow will be some fast dune riding for speed and fintness.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    429.2 KB · Views: 250
more...

the last pic is the hill we came down before the pic was taken.

I came off a few times, one of them quite a joly. Just a sore shoulder though  :mwink:

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    428.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    423.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 242
P.S. Mr. Big, I think that one of these routes was the ridge you pointed out?

Darksider said:
J-dog™ said:
and I had to remove my foot to get the boot out!

Sounds like a Harlequin story  :pot:

Lekker riding, good luck for the race!

:imaposer: not remove my foot you ass  :imaposer:

That last picture is quite a hecktic climb and to be honest I would never have expected you to take on so I am actually quite impressed! ps how was the traction with the pressure drop? the clim you went down in the first photos is called mountain goat and the second is not well named yet but genrally known as Ma se p**s  :D

Latest posts