JULES JAMBOREE !! broken bones, puntures, river crossings, bogs,PHOTO`S !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillystunt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Sunday morning gauteng, 6am and the clouds were dark ,heavy and pendulous. a forewarning of the day to come ? not really.
apart from a puncture ,an ambulance call for a broken shoulder /collar bone, some huge water crossings and a bog that almost            sucked up my dakkie it was one of the most enjoyable and eventful rides a wilddog could ask for.

The ride was "billed" as "an easy going ride , next to the railway tracks, but easy going and suitable for everyone."
it should have read " twin track obstacle race ,recent rains present huge challenges, including but not limited to, monster puddles, huge stretches of swamp like land , many water crossings and lots of hidden surprises, would suit motorcycles fitted with snorkels !"
before i carry on with the report, special mention goes to ......... jules better half Li, my long suffering wife silly b and special "guest appearance rider" malibu. these girls are putting in some serious saddle time and its starting to show, not one of them came down and it was pretty technical out there. well done girls.

Everyone will add thier bit so i will just give a few highlights......... we met up at the pinehaven garage,13 in total.
it was a little blustery but great weather for off road riding, absolutely no dust,great traction and everything was going hunky dory, then after a few km the transalp had a flat, shit luck the two guys left.
after another great twin track section we had to cross a small railway crossing, criss [dont know forum name] took a short cut of about 15 cm and clipped the train tracks with his front wheel. he went down hard,smashing his shoulder badly and broke bone or bones, we dont know yet.l
to shorten the story, ambulance was summoned to the scene, chris was taken to hospital.
we now sat with a spare 800 gs, after much deliberating we phoned malibu, apparently she didnt read the thread that said she was on standby this weekend !
i think it was potholes that did the honours and went all the way to fetch her and bring her back, we waited by the roadside,entertaining ourselves by ripping off the tow truck drivers that got to the scene before the ambulance.
one tow truck driver who had obviously just learnt to walk upright, backed his nitros powered BAKKIE, into a parked 1100 gs!, thankfully i caught it in time and there was only minor marks on the front of the bm.
the tow truck driver then shredded his tyres in a hasty getaway !.
once malibu arrived,  we kitted up and told her that she really didnt have a choice "collabone chris`s 800 gs had to finish the run. so this is where the rest of the adventure begins, i will post some pix, your comments on crash scenes are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    186.5 KB
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    175.1 KB
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    180.7 KB
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    168.1 KB
Kom gooi nog prentjies!  :biggrin:

No seriously, sorry to hear about the bones, but the first pics are very good.

the bog, a huge muddy section that jules and i made the mistake of going into. we made it through but it wasnt pretty. the others found an easy stream like road ten meters away ! :ricky:

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    105.6 KB
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    145.1 KB
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    136.2 KB
malibu on the "loaner" and other wilddogs getting there feet wet, did i tell you it was wet out there ?

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    102.9 KB
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    206.9 KB
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    110 KB
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    113.2 KB
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    204.5 KB
water crossing, one of many...........

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    125.1 KB
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    126.2 KB
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    126.4 KB
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    120.4 KB
water crossing, we all made it.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    126.4 KB
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    147.8 KB
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    147.7 KB
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    150.5 KB
wilddogs take a little break. trans alp gets a flat.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    114.2 KB
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    139.7 KB
Next time I'll continue, but by the time I got back there I was saddle sore and thought the best would be to get back rather.

Looks like I missed out on spending tonight cleaning the bike. Frig that looked like some shite there that you lot had to ride through.

What a Jol!

As it often is on an adventure ride things don't always go as planned.

It was really unfortunate that Chris took that tumble. Just so unlucky to clip the railway track with the front and go down hard, Its the kind of fall you could probably do 10 times and walk away injury free 9 of those times but unfortunately for Chris it was that one bad fall!

Heal fast matey we want to see you ridding again SOON!  :thumleft:

Thanks to Silly for starting this thread and for taking those super pictures!

Thanx to all who joined, next time we will do the whole route as we only managed about 60% today.

Some Pics we took.

potchmarch1.jpg

potchmarch2.jpg

potchmarch4.jpg

potchmarch5.jpg

potchmarch7.jpg

potchmarch9.jpg

potchmarch10.jpg

potchmarch11.jpg

potchmarch12.jpg

potchmarch13.jpg

potchmarch14.jpg

potchmarch15.jpg

potchmarch16.jpg

potchmarch17.jpg

potchmarch19.jpg

potchmarch20.jpg

potchmarch23.jpg

potchmarch25.jpg

LouisXander said:
Is that the Ganja man in the shorts?

Yip!

We gave him a good rev about it,  :biggrin:
But as he says the GS has those leg protectors pre-fitted!

Looks lekker. Sory to hear about criss and broken bones. hope he is well and will recover well.

anybody with the tracklog for this route. please upload

thx niekie

sillystunt said:
Sunday morning gauteng, 6am and the clouds were dark ,heavy and pendulous. a forewarning of the day to come ? not really.
apart from a puncture ,an ambulance call for a broken shoulder /collar bone, some huge water crossings and a bog that almost            sucked up my dakkie it was one of the most enjoyable and eventful rides a wilddog could ask for.

The ride was "billed" as "an easy going ride , next to the railway tracks, but easy going and suitable for everyone."
it should have read " twin track obstacle race ,recent rains present huge challenges, including but not limited to, monster puddles, huge stretches of swamp like land , many water crossings and lots of hidden surprises, would suit motorcycles fitted with snorkels !"
before i carry on with the report, special mention goes to ......... jules better half Li, my long suffering wife silly b and special "guest appearance rider" malibu. these girls are putting in some serious saddle time and its starting to show, not one of them came down and it was pretty technical out there. well done girls.

Everyone will add thier bit so i will just give a few highlights......... we met up at the pinehaven garage,13 in total.
it was a little blustery but great weather for off road riding, absolutely no dust,great traction and everything was going hunky dory, then after a few km the transalp had a flat, shit luck the two guys left.
after another great twin track section we had to cross a small railway crossing, criss [dont know forum name] took a short cut of about 15 cm and clipped the train tracks with his front wheel. he went down hard,smashing his shoulder badly and broke bone or bones, we dont know yet.l
to shorten the story, ambulance was summoned to the scene, chris was taken to hospital.
we now sat with a spare 800 gs, after much deliberating we phoned malibu, apparently she didnt read the thread that said she was on standby this weekend !
i think it was potholes that did the honours and went all the way to fetch her and bring her back, we waited by the roadside,entertaining ourselves by ripping off the tow truck drivers that got to the scene before the ambulance.
one tow truck driver who had obviously just learnt to walk upright, backed his nitros powered BAKKIE, into a parked 1100 gs!, thankfully i caught it in time and there was only minor marks on the front of the bm.
the tow truck driver then shredded his tyres in a hasty getaway !.
once malibu arrived,  we kitted up and told her that she really didnt have a choice "collabone chris`s 800 gs had to finish the run. so this is where the rest of the adventure begins, i will post some pix, your comments on crash scenes are welcome.

Great pics for the photo of the month competition.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wish I could have made it. Looked awesome.

Bloody babalas...

Hope the shoulder is okay criss.

I was thinking of crashing the Jules group for the ride to Newcastle weekend.

Now I am not so sure  ::)

Is it safe  ::)

;D

Great photies of a newbie ride .

Hehehehheee

Thanks guys for the call... was needing a ride, especially as Dakota broke her collar-bone on Saturday and I was feeling guilty to leave her behind and join the ride Sunday... got to do it anyway!  Yaaaayyyyyy

Was a really super ride guys, thanks for calling me! 

:thumleft:

Rubi blue, thanks for the loan of your bike... I didn't ride it like I stole it!  :mwink:

Malibu said:
Hehehehheee

Thanks guys for the call... was needing a ride, especially as Dakota broke her collar-bone on Saturday and I was feeling guilty to leave her behind and join the ride Sunday... got to do it anyway!  Yaaaayyyyyy

Was a really super ride guys, thanks for calling me! 

:thumleft:

Rubi blue, thanks for the loan of your bike... I didn't ride it like I stole it!   :mwink:

:laughing4:  :laughing4:

Latest posts