JULES JAMBOREE !! broken bones, puntures, river crossings, bogs,PHOTO`S !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi everyone - i am alive but FUCKING SORE!. my god, broken plenty in my mx days, collar bone takes the cake in terms of eina-ness!!!

thanks to everyone for assisting me, ended up at lesley williams in carletonville, they gooied some good shit into me - didnt agree with me so i got a little worse. got xrays taken, collar bone complete break.

my fiance picked me up and took me to sunninghill, great hospital and ortho (dr greeff), put plate in late sunday night, spent 2 days in hospital, loved the self regulating morph drip :)

got home yesterday, and i am already bored as hell.

mailbu - i see you finished the ride for me, appreciate it - is there enough damage for an insurance claim? I will call my insurance guy and make a plan for them to come and collect it. was the ram-mount still one bike?

who has my helmet and backpack?

thanks again to everyone for assisting me. i figured out what happened, grassy area covered railway lines, hit it at angle (very slow), front washed out quickly and threw me against the turf - CRACK, ow!

You got Morphene... Lucky bum!  :thumleft:

I got your bike, ram-mount and helmet...

I think Silly has your back pack...

I'll pm you my contact details and we can chat...

;D

Glad to hear you are ok...

what the hell, does that plate come off an K.L.R. ?  you already have a screw loose. :imaposer:

:laughing4:

haha, you would think...

nope, six screws hold plate in plate, 7th one (which looks loose) holds the 3rd piece off bone in place, not quite sure how...  ???

Hi Chris good to hear you are on the mend!

Nice bit of bling you got there!

I checked your bike out and the damage was only cosmetic, I Thought the bars were bent but they were only twisted in the risers so managed to straighten them next to the road so all OK

Damage as I saw it

Front plastic (the piece with the BMW logo) some scratches
A dent on the exhaust and a slightly bent pillion foot rest
Some small scratches to the rear plastic (below the seat)

All cosmetic and IMHO not worth a insurance claim.

Beemerman will buff it all out for you, easy!  :thumleft:

Heal Fast mate

Jules

CHRIS - NICE TO HEAR THAT "YOU ALL SCREWED UP” JOKING- REALLY MAN, GLAD YOU ARE ALL SORTED  - HEAL WELL SO THAT WE CAN RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN.  TAKE CARE AND YES WE HAVE YOUR WATER PACK.

hmmm, was thinking those plastics are fucking expensive. get them to replace them via claim, and put the old ones back on and keep new ones for when i sell.
they can fix the pillion footrest.

excess is 2k so might be an oppertunity...

Glad you doing ok rubiblue - you and Dee really didnt have to compare x-rays for the weekend ok!! ;)

:thumleft:  OK -  HOW LONG DID THE DOCTOR SAY YOU WILL BE OUT OF ACTION FOR???

6-8, i asked if i could go riding in lesotho in 5 weeks, he laughed and he would wait till our first post-op meeting (tuesday next week) to give me the low down...

Gee,  take care Chris,  look after the old bones  ...... and your healing will go fast (not as fast as your 800) and soon you will be eating the WD's dust again..... :D

rubiblue said:
hmmm, was thinking those plastics are fucking expensive. get them to replace them via claim, and put the old ones back on and keep new ones for when i sell.excess is 2k so might be an oppertunity...

so might be an oppertunity...TO COMMIT FRAUD  >:D

not fraud if it is damaged and needs to be replaced - whether i stick the old plastics on until i sell it has nothing to do with it.
FYI - In the broadest sense, fraud is a deception made for personal gain -  :pot:

carlos - why dont u like the look of the second screw? i particularly like number 4, but thats just my personal preference.

Nice you up and about Chris.

Your Invoice:-

1 Fence dropper1.50
4 Roof Screws 2.00
1 Scapel Blade3.50
1m Dental Floss for stitches0.50
Total7.50

don't want to freek you out, but it looks a little long...if the doc says it's cool then it's cool...just isn't there a main artery running under that bone?

Latest posts