Kei Mouth to Coffee Bay - Hole in the Wall. Maps added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucket list - baie mooi, was nog nooit in daai Wereld nie  -    :thumleft:

Heddles said:
You guys got any idea of routes that you took..? Maybe a map..?
How available is fuel..?
And any tips for riders..? I have heard that camping is risky if not in designated areas.. The locals steal you blind.. True..?

Here are the maps. Recorded on my android phone with an app called My Tracks.
Kei Mouth to Dwessa
https://maps.google.co.za/maps/ms?msid=217584660619168859536.0004d93395ce645ec9751&msa=0
Dwessa to Coffee Bay
https://maps.google.co.za/maps/ms?msid=217584660619168859536.0004d933a0540336016db&msa=0&ll=-32.132594,28.769073&spn=0.575652,0.858307
Fuel not a problem. We got fuel in Centani and Willovale. Had a problem in Coffee Bay but as you can see in the last picture, you can make a plan. By the way while we were getting petrol at the road side we saw the tanker on its way to Coffee Bay.
We had no safety issues, but then we did stay at camp sites.
A bit of advice. Ride slowly there are animals and children in the road all the time. Would not be good to hit one of them. Also had vehicles on our side of the road as you come around a corner

Yeah.. I only ride slowly there, even with a car...
Thanks for the info bud..!!

Growing up my parents had a place Marshstrands(next to Haga Haga), went there for close to 30 years, once to twice a year. Now go to double mouth every second or third year, just love that coast. Thanks for sharing :laughing4:

My old duck live in Marsh Strand... I have been there a few times to visit... Beautiful coast...

Ask them if they know the dilly old bat with the french poodles... Elane.. Stays in a small cottage right on the East end...

aardvark said:
Sitting at Marsh Strand right now at my folks place  :)

Eish now i am seriously jealous, our house was one at the entrance at the corner where the road splits.

Perfect fishing in the gully right in front of the house, pushing tide late afternoon or early morning.

aardvark said:
Sitting at Marsh Strand right now at my folks place  :)

'n Regte "VARK" post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend Brett!

About 22 years ago my dads brother was a partner at hole in the wall hotel , they started the time share resort next to the hotel . I spend my 21st birthday at that awesome place with my then future wife for two weeks . What a blast - we had the use of his Landy Defender 90 , but best of all he also had a XR 500 which we often took over the hills and mountains . We disappeared for many hours exploring this unbelievable piece of S. A .
We came across villages were I'm pretty sure they had not often or maybe never seen white people before as they ran up to us flabbergasted that we were there . Imagine what a mind blast it must have been when they realized i could speak their language as well as they do . Shit seeing these photos i need to go back and spend some quality time at Hole in the wall . awesome riding with unbelievable views .
Thanks for your great RR

MURPHY said:
About 22 years ago my dads brother was a partner at hole in the wall hotel , they started the time share resort next to the hotel . I spend my 21st birthday at that awesome place with my then future wife for two weeks . What a blast - we had the use of his Landy Defender 90 , but best of all he also had a XR 500 which we often took over the hills and mountains . We disappeared for many hours exploring this unbelievable piece of S. A .
We came across villages were I'm pretty sure they had not often or maybe never seen white people before as they ran up to us flabbergasted that we were there . Imagine what a mind blast it must have been when they realized i could speak their language as well as they do . Shit seeing these photos i need to go back and spend some quality time at Hole in the wall . awesome riding with unbelievable views .
Thanks for your great RR

Murphy agree with you it is a really great area to ride in. Lots of places I have not seen yet but I am going to put that right

Looks the manne want to organize the BIG BASH at Coffee bay - now that would be awesome  or what ??  O0

MURPHY said:
Looks the manne want to organize the BIG BASH at Coffee bay - now that would be awesome  or what ??  O0

Am resident in Mthatha, have organised rides around the area, mostly enduro's, like the round table coffee bay to Xora annual ride.

Am willing to assist in organising a bash if there is an uptake.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Warwick, looks like a beaut ride. Great pics mate. Can kick my folks butts for selling the family holiday house we had in Haga Haga / Marshstrand

Pavlovski said:
Vrek, ma nou's ek jealous............
Dit moes woes lekker gewees het, daai pics lyk stunning :thumleft:

+1  :thumleft:

Clockwork Orange said:
Hey Warwick, looks like a beaut ride. Great pics mate. Can kick my folks butts for selling the family holiday house we had in Haga Haga / Marshstrand

Hey Jimmy,
I would kick their butt too. If you ever back here and in this part of the world for old times sake pull in. Have a guest cottage and a spare bike for you.

Keirider said:
Clockwork Orange said:

Hey Jimmy,
I would kick their butt too. If you ever back here and in this part of the world for old times sake pull in. Have a guest cottage and a spare bike for you.
See you Monday Mate :imaposer: :imaposer: I may just take you up on that offer.

Latest posts