Kenda K761 Tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackalper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
K761

On Thursday I fitted the rear K761 (130/80/17) at KCR Motorcycle Fanatics.

I called to order the tyre and was told it would have to be collected from supplier, (2:00PM). I arrived at 15H00 at KCR and the tyre was in reception. My Bike was taken through without delay and was fitted in 30min. Before it was handed back to me, a mechanic had to be called to double check all was O.K.

I asked to pay and my paperwork had already been completed.

Only R 400.00 Incl VAT & Fittment.

Due to the rain I tried waiting a while before heading home.
I had to make a stop in Midrand, as well as Centurion on the way home so I set off in the pouring rain with said new tyre.
I never once lost confidence in the tyre's grip even while conering at normal speeds. I stayed of the highways, however, my route took me past Rabie Ridge with all the taxis in peak hour traffic. NO PROBLEM.

Yesterday I took my wife as pillion through to Parys - RALLY - with serious winds the entire way there and back. We rode for over 300 km's at an avr speed of 110 k/hr. Sometimes we had a lean angle of 20 degrees in a straight line. NO PROBLEM once again with the tyre.

We passed many bikes along the way on the highway. Once in Parys, a guy riding a VSTROM 1000 approached me to ask what bike I was on and what tyres I had fitted. He explained that he and his pillion were unable to exeed 80 k/hr without loosing traction to the rear wheel. He could not believe I was able to pass them at the speed I did.

I have done about 405 km's from new and will update this post every 1000 km's with an update to wear and other characteristics I experience.

Going for first ride on dirt tomorrow with Wino.

* Unbeatable combination of both street and off road grip and stability.
* Remarkably durable nylon ply construction delivers total riding confidence.
* DOT approved and H Speed rated.
* Heavy duty construction designed to withstand the demands of off road riding.
* Advanced compound design for extra braking and cornering traction.

https://www.kendausa.com/motorcycle/dual_sport.html

:!: :!: :!: :wink: :lol: