KMT Adventure - Free Trip computer upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandLover

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
The KTM Adventure?s trip computer (on all LC4 and LC8s) has the potential to connect a handlebar mounted remote control to scroll through the various screens. Buying the KTM part remote control will probably cost you a good R1000.

But you can have it for free!!

I connected the high beam flash switch on the left hand switch unit (indicators, hooter etc) to the trip computer and for the price of some insulations tape and heat shrink, I can now flip through the trip computer screens by pressing the high beam flash.

If there is a need I can post a pic of the conversion. Below a short description. You need to look at you wiring diagram since the wire colour codes may vary for the different bike models. On my 2003 640 Adventure it required the following:

? Take of the headlight mask and loosen the ?dash board?
? Find the trip computer remote control socket (4 wire). It is floating around somewhere behind the dials
? Cut the brown and yellow-red wires about 2cm behind the socket
? Find the head beam flash wires on the big socket mounted behind the trip computer (probably 10 wires connecting here ? check twice before you cut!)
? Cut the wires (green-black and white) about 2 cm behind the socket
? Connect the wires (On the wire end NOT the socket end) as follows:
o brown to the green-black and
o yellow?red to the white
? seal off lose wire ends

Enjoy the senseless flipping though the screens ? because you can!