KTM 950 R - 1st impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kev

Today I laid eyes (and bum) on my new bike for the 1st time. It was delivered to my dealer in Annecy late Friday afternoon (1 of 20 in France). I will finally be getting the bike on Tuesday (bike dealers are closed on Mondays - some French thing!).

Herewith my 1st impressions:

It's a beauty! :shock: So much better than in the pictures. 8) It looks well put together... welds are all neat... and feels very solid. The lines are superb. The designers had a ball with this bike. :thumbup:

Warning: This bike is T A L L. :eek: Very tall. I have a 34" (86cm) inseam. And a whole lot of extra kilos. And I can just tip-toe this bike with boots on. Quoted seat hight is almost 37" (92cm).

The seat is quite firm... and similar width to the 950 Super Motard, and almost as wide as the 950 Adventure seat. That is to say, it is not narrow like a dirt bike seat. How comfy it will be after a few hours? Who knows! :dontknow:

Ergonomics are good. I felt well placed on the bike. I am 185cm (6'1") tall. The riding position is very comfy with regards to arms and leg positioning. Standing felt ok... not too far forward, or wishing for that extra 2cm in hight.

I also like the colouring... a nice balance between orange and black. And there is only the one colour... so there will be no fights as to which colour is faster etc. :lol:

Roll on Tuesday... :wink:

Latest posts