Last Urban Playground - aka my afternoon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

Took at ride to my new play pit today, wanted to go there again after a hurred visit yesterday.
Scoping it out for a little dual purpose ride in the near future.

Took the mean greenie as I wanted to play, rode along the pavements till sand roads, and then into the quarry.
This cant be more than 5km from my house.

DSC02485_a.jpg

The quarry area has a nice bowl area where you can fly in and out of, and then a few climbs in the quarry itself.
I was riding up and down a few, playing and decided to go see where the trails leading out of there go.

The trail crosses this river a whole bunch of times, it looks like a quad play track.

This particular one is great as the bank on the other side is rocky and its quite technical to ride up there.
DSC02492_a.jpg

Some were really easy...

DSC02500_a.jpg

While others took at bit of balancing and blipping the 2-stroke to clim over.

DSC02501_a.jpg

DSC02502_a.jpg

We wont go over this one with the DS bikes ;)

Following it for a few km you come across a mining area, and this lovely section I mentioned before, mud to rocks to gravel and a little hill.

DSC02498_a.jpg

At one section you can clim into the river and ride along the sand, this is not very long so its more a quad doghnut track that anything else.

DSC02510_a.jpg

Back to the bowl area, its was fun to ride up and down the banks, this is what we will focus on with the DS bikes.

DSC02512_a.jpg

DSC02514_a.jpg

And my bike is now christened, I tried to zoot up this one hill , hit a rock at the bottom that threw me a little, gave me a puncture, and I didnt make the top of the climb.
Doh!
All the way back down in a cloud of dust.

DSC02516_a.jpg

And then a quick attempt with Tyre Weld and I headed home.

DSC02517_a.jpg

It held till home, new thick tubes and a fresh dose of Amerseal coming up.

This is one of the last open areas around JHB, still within riding distance from the suburbs, I know they are giving people sh1t riding on the one end of thise by Samrand, and on the other end by Rooihuiskraal over the Krugersdorp highway, this is understandable as the people living there dont approve. But in between is a lekka little spot we can play until Mr Plod comes along or development encroaches on us.