Living the Dream Solo Around the World Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful

Attachments

• SAM_1226.jpg
    SAM_1226.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 427
Cultural centre

Attachments

• SAM_1261.jpg
    SAM_1261.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 399
  • SAM_1262.jpg
    SAM_1262.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 405
  • SAM_1263.jpg
    SAM_1263.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 407
:-\ sorry to hear how bikes get treated up there, good thing that you keep your awareness

I've read some other African ride reports coming down on the west coast of Africa but can't remember if they mentioned it.

Have you ever had it happen in SA? I know there's always the odd a-hole on the road but not that frequent, right?

:biggrin: ride on  :ricky: !

Wow Schalk i love Uganda so much, my ecperience was rather different. People were very friendly and kind to us and I have golden memories especially in Entebbe around lake Victoria.

However......we were there and in the drc sometimes also on picky picky's☺ and following the side tracks etc. The first thing the locals told me was that the size of the vehicle get the right of way.....in other words the biggest has right of way and the same goes for the Drc and South Sudan. I do agree x 10 that it can be nerve wrecking but I tend to follow Michnus and his wifes advice to stay off the main roads and take it slow traveling mostly through the rural areas and small villages.

It has been years since I have traveled through Uganda but other than the traffic also found it expensive. I don't know if they are still all that expensive though?

Looking forward ro read what you have to share about Ruwanda.

Cheers mater

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk